Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 377780818283848586878889909192939497 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Depends on the game. If it's the 90th minute and already 3-0 to us, then probably.

If it's a clutch 0-0 game and it's midway through the second half - not a chance.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Let them hype up their 'title challenge'. I am struggling to remember a team that went on to win the league who were playing every thursday night in the europa league.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'll have too look at it again. Only seen a clip on twitter and it didn't look a pen to me.
    Technically it wasn’t one as Pogba ran into the back of him. The defender was well placed and fairly tracking the ball, which Pogba had lost control of.
    However. There seems to be a new rule for what happens in the box - as seen with handballs. Any contact can be said to cause obstruction.
    So a non foul outside the box can be a foul inside the box. I think it stinks and leads to even more cheating.
    But in real time I think the ref would have awarded it if he didn’t have VAR available. It had that convincing sort of rhythm to it as he fell.

Nyeeeghh.... not sure about that Taks - think that challenge is given as a foul anywhere on the pitch most days.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Pogba wasn't going anywhere and the penalty box was full of traffic anyway. Ridiculous challenge to make, especially when they had just got back into the game. He went down easy enough, but plenty of others do the same.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

There was no challenge. The defender was just running for the ball.
    Like I said I think it would be given in real time without VAR but, technically, there wasn’t an actual foul in my opinion.
    The only reason I say this is because the benefit of VAR should be to look at it and say, well the defender has actually done nothing wrong, but in this era where you can’t do absolutely anything in the box anymore, there’s no point analysing it as it has to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Technically it wasn’t one as Pogba ran into the back of him. The defender was well placed and fairly tracking the ball, which Pogba had lost control of.
    However. There seems to be a new rule for what happens in the box - as seen with handballs. Any contact can be said to cause obstruction.
    So a non foul outside the box can be a foul inside the box. I think it stinks and leads to even more cheating.
    But in real time I think the ref would have awarded it if he didn’t have VAR available. It had that convincing sort of rhythm to it as he fell.
    Couldn't agree more. Its absolute madness, they do seem to have calmed down on the silly ball to hand pens that were being given early on in the season thankfully. I don't think the one we got against Fulham was a penalty.

The filthy are a poor side, they are however one of 3 clubs that should have enough to beat the sides outside of the top six and are actually gaining a huge benefit from the fixture congestion through the amount of senior players they have for each position in their squad and have so far undoubtedly benefitted from plainly corrupt VAR officiating in their favour and against their rivals in games they're not involved in

It is horribly reminiscent of Ferguson's last few years when Gill was balls deep in the refs association when nthey were giving plain wrong decisions in their favour and against their rivals
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Let them hype up their 'title challenge'. I am struggling to remember a team that went on to win the league who were playing every thursday night in the europa league.
    There is always a first time for everything, except when it comes to anything good happening to/for me.