Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899100101102103104105106109 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

This is what it is all about... Fuck United - don't let them live here..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think Ian was just making the point that you can't expect too much in the way of "class" online - and it is a fair point.

It isn't too clever giving them a thread on a Liverpool forum tbh - I can see why some think it's ok to discuss them but personally it ain't my cup of tea.

Put it this way as Shanks once said about Everton who were the bigger club at the time...

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd shut the curtains."

There is a small time element to it - but each to their own and all that.
    I agree

it's weird though it's like you can't appreciate a player even if they're playing for a team like UTD, and others have to slag said players off even though they're generally good players? and make out they're shite

maybe if it's a local lad who ended up fucking us over, OR ended up breaking one of our players legs and a thug I don't understand it

for example some lovely everton players, I wish we kicked the shit out of after what happened but nah we're soft as fuck another reason we had bad form noone being angry enough to get out of it.... if that makes sense?

And this...

Southampton are making a request that Mike Dean and Lee Mason don't control any more of their games. Good luck with that one, they don't have the muscle or influences that Ferguson had, can't blame them for trying though after last night.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Yeah
    Just read this.
    VAR decisions are really beneficial for man Utd
    It was corruption before in fergie days.
    Now he is not on the pitch is he interfering with VAR.

Makes you wonder.
    Man u
    Slightest touch and it is a penalty.

Beyond a joke now.

Yet you can be assaulted and nothing happened.

Let's imagine slabhead gets assaulted like that.
    Red card and penalty.

What I have seen is some clubs get their key goals scrutinised again and again. And the goal not given.

At west ham the ball went out by about 10m and nothing given. Man u score.
    To change the game. Key moment.

They even get a penalty after the game is finished v Brighton ffs.

Too much now. Really too much.
    Independent enquiry is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Not really Bali, we have a go at them for always thinking and talking about us when we’re no where near them.

Might be a bit clickbaity, but banter is one thing, a whole thread on a rival is another thing
    Why is banter one thing but a "whole thread" another? And as you can see, there's not much banter going on in this thread. It's actually pretty respectful - we're discussing how our biggest rivals are doing.

Why is keeping an eye on the competition a sign of "lack of class"? If you can find it in your classy self to look past the obviously banter title that is.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 3rd February 2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why is banter one thing but a "whole thread" another? And as you can see, there's not much banter going on in this thread. It's actually pretty respectful - we're discussing how our biggest rivals are doing.

Why is keeping an eye on the competition a sign of "lack of class"? If you can find it in your classy self to look past the obviously banter title.
    Banter with rivals directly Bali, over Twitter , with friends etc

Keeping an eye on the competition is where you have the “week results thread” not dedicating an entire thread to our “rivals”

The thread was created to laugh at them, which I get why, but it’s bitten us in the arse and will do again. Just because we’ve had a few good seasons doesn’t mean we stoop to their levels. Ridiculous if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And this...
    Seen that a few times but it always gets me. Feel very lucky to be old enough to remember what an incredible thing it was to stand on the kop. It is unique in the history of football.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Southampton are making a request that Mike Dean and Lee Mason don't control any more of their games. Good luck with that one, they don't have the muscle or influences that Ferguson had, can't blame them for trying though after last night.
    I actually thought the linesman who officiated in our last game at West ham was that same guy who was in charge of VAR and refused to give us that clear winning goal at Everton and somehow said it was offside. Turns out he was a supporter of Man Utd. Can't remember his name, so couldn't check if he was the linesman. I know he was taken off one of our games shortly after that Everton incident, but maybe he is 'back in the fold' now.
    I know the FA have a regulation that refs have to declare which club they support and can't ref games in which that club plays, but in a way you can do more damage refereeing their rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Banter with rivals directly Bali, over Twitter , with friends etc

Keeping an eye on the competition is where you have the “week results thread” not dedicating an entire thread to our “rivals”

The thread was created to laugh at them, which I get why, but it’s bitten us in the arse and will do again. Just because we’ve had a few good seasons doesn’t mean we stoop to their levels. Ridiculous if you ask me
    I am asking you!

But how exactly has it bitten us in the arse? They're above us in the table now - pretty clearly it's not because of a thread on a forum, no? Or do you genuinely think Pogba went "Sacre bleu, they're laughing at us on an online forum, better stop sulking!". Like I said - go through the thread and look past the banter title. We're discussing how they're doing in a pretty civil manner. Stop being fatalistic and look past the title of the thread.

Stoop to what levels? What exactly irks you here?

Regarding the week's results thread - a week's results don't matter. A month's results don't matter - not in the grand scheme of things. The state of MUFC is something that will impact us far beyond this week and this season. This week's thread is not the place for such a discussion.

You seem to have utterly misunderstood why this thread exists and what's being discussed here.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non