Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

Have to try it

Been playing the "Firmino role" in pre-season.

Interested to see if he can have a good season, or if he will continue to be incredibly unlucky in the injury department once more.

Scores big goals - but doesn't score many goals - indeed I think it's 44 in all comps over a 13-season career and (this stat may surprise you) he has never scored more than 4 goals in a Premier League season - in the League specifically I mean. Which seems mad as he loves a Worldie - just not too often.

27 and two years left on his contract. Huge season for him if he wants his career to pan out favourably you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Been playing the "Firmino role" in pre-season.

Interested to see if he can have a good season, or if he will continue to be incredibly unlucky in the injury department once more.

Scores big goals - but doesn't score many goals - indeed I think it's 44 in all comps over a 13-season career and (this stat may surprise you) he has never scored more than 4 goals in a Premier League season - in the League specifically I mean. Which seems mad as he loves a Worldie - just not too often.

27 and two years left on his contract. Huge season for him if he wants his career to pan out favourably you feel.
    TBF ,I could play the 'Firmino role ' if his performances from last season were anything to go by 🤣🤣

Like a new signing Ox.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF ,I could play the 'Firmino role ' if his performances from last season were anything to go by 🤣🤣
    Yes, not his best last year. I know he offers a lot without the ball but 9 goals in all comps isn't great.

Was it 17/18 when he was in beast mode? 27 goals in all comps or something wild, tore the Champion's League a new one?

I think FSG will be keen to extend the contracts of 2/3 of the attacking trio to ease our transition into the next phase/team. Firmino you'd have to say looks the most vulnerable of the 3 to perhaps not having his extended.

Fucking hell we are desperate -ox to solve all our problems

Im all for forward that can turn and run at the back line. better than Firmino who plays with his back to play and loses the ball all to often.. Just seems to me that we wont be getting a forward then if Ox is one primed for that role. we still need a wide player and a midfielder.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Thing is, Ox is a very talented player but he’s never at full match fitness, as in having had a run of games to make him sharp. Not just physically fit, match fit.
    He may well be excellent in the Bobby role but he’ll never be fit enough, long enough for us to know.
    Plus, I can’t see Klopp dropping Bobby for Ox, for an extended period either.

Bit of a non starter innit

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fucking hell we are desperate -ox to solve all our problems
    There's often a bit of experimentation in pre-season to be fair - remember Lallana getting chances as a no.6 at one stage.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Thing is, Ox is a very talented player but he’s never at full match fitness, as in having had a run of games to make him sharp. Not just physically fit, match fit.
    He may well be excellent in the Bobby role but he’ll never be fit enough, long enough for us to know.
    Plus, I can’t see Klopp dropping Bobby for Ox, for an extended period either.

Bit of a non starter innit
    Agree Miller. It all has a "recycling" feel about it.
    Utilising things, all good and well but it also points to us not bringing in the players we want or require.
    Things might look different but at the moment we seem to be acting a bit small-time rather than a club who mean business by trying to get back to where we were.
    That's the impression I'm getting.