Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

Oxlade

Another VERY good performance from Ox again tonight, pressing and counter pressing far far better now, passing better, now needs to work those opening to let fly or play others in more often

Have a suspicion he might be the one to cover Mane's expected absence at LFWD
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No love for the Ox? WFT? I think he's getting back to form and getting the pressing down, I saw online on these newsfeed sites some muppets had been slating his second half performance, just pure scapegoating the team didn't have a good performance for half of the second half and that wasn't down to Oxlade

First half he was good. Didnt do much 2nd half.

I thought he was the worst of our front 6 last night by some distance.

I thought he had a poor game, Klopp was right when he sad Wolves played the ball wide a lot, mean our midfielders weren't has substantial.. Oxlade couldn't get into the game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I thought he was one of the ones that had a poor game to be honest, along with salah/trent/robbo

I thought he started well and was good when we were in control, I thought a fair few players suffered when we weren't in control for a spell as Wolves pushed on and got a lot more expansive without our dual threat of pace and runs in behind their wing backs and back three, thought Jurgen got the sub for Mane wrong, something of a collectors item in that sense as it's an absolute rarity, should have been Origi for Mane, although the training staff really have to work with him on his runs, link play and movement so his introduction doesn't inhibit the team functioning as it does at its best OR given we were leading 1-0 and he's used Ox there in a Champions League game (I think) he could have brought Fabinho on for Mane, and moved Hendo to RCM and Ox to LFWD making those runs in behind, linking play and cutting in trying t0 get shots away on his right, both those things would have prevented Wolves being able to be as expansive and threatening as they were

I thought Oxlade performed very well when moved to LFWD following Keita's introduction, showed so very encouraging signs of being our best option to play there in Mane's absence and to give him a rest in the odd game, did a couple of VERY Mane like things, his goal and positioning to be found by Mo was VERY Mane like, I thought Mane had the trade mark on it His winning the ball ahead of the defender, followed by an instant run to receove it back, drawing a couple of defenders to feed Gini to tee up Mo for his effort that hit the post was VERY Mane like too.

I was thinking about it a little more, and I actually think him having a few games there having to challenge for headers, hold off defenders and outstrength players, continually make short and incisive supporting runs to support our play on the left and link with Robbo and Gini and from left to right, play lay offs passes and instant second runs, inside out, outside in, forwards, backwards, short diagonals, outside in following every left to right switch will really help develop his game for when he reverts to playing at RCM

He looked a bit lost in the middle up til Naby came on but did improve. I don't get the impression Klopp sees him as a genuine long term solution. Looks a squad player for now. Don't see him making a position his own - not at the moment anyhow...

Hope I am wrong

Agree with Steveo. Hes a good player but doesnt perform at the levels Hendo and Gini do. He has good games now and then but rarely has a game where hes the standout player. Similar to Keita in that he seems to have one good half and disappears the next.