Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree Miller. It all has a "recycling" feel about it.
    Utilising things, all good and well but it also points to us not bringing in the players we want or require.
    Things might look different but at the moment we seem to be acting a bit small-time rather than a club who mean business by trying to get back to where we were.
    That's the impression I'm getting.
    Considering the success Jurgen has had in the last few years, you could hardly blame him for hanging around dealing with this shite.
    When he's been handed money he's brought success, more success means more money. can the owners not see a connection here ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Considering the success Jurgen has had in the last few years, you could hardly blame him for hanging around dealing with this shite
    I take it you mean not hanging around, aka leaving due to lack of funds?

That would surprise me. His big issue at Dortmund was losing his star players.

Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Alisson, Gomez, Trent, Robertson will all be tied down as best we can over the next 12-24 months most likely.

That's not to say we don't need to add as well - we do - though I imagine this will be easier when renewals are done.

Can't be neglected though. I'm all for efficiency, being shrewd and leaning towards risk-averse purchases (we thought we were getting a "sure thing" in Keita and it didn't work out, can't afford - quite literally - to make that type of mistake too often) as well as giving as many of the "squad" positions to Academy players as possible, but we would be foolish to neglect the first team, or "first 17" as it were, so fingers crossed we can add someone after we free up non-homegrown spaces via sales.

Origi+Shaqiri leaving would help a lot, though I can foresee Origi staying on as "fifth" forward (Jota 4th, Elliott 6th) if this Ox experiment bears no fruit - and of course Origi isn't an easy sale anyway.

Could do with some activity from the "top" clubs so that a few of the "fair to middling" clubs have some money burning a hole in their pocket. There's a lot of talk in the window thus far but clubs haven't been all that busy overall.

Agree Miller. It all has a "recycling" feel about it.
    Utilising things, all good and well but it also points to us not bringing in the players we want or require.
    Things might look different but at the moment we seem to be acting a bit small-time rather than a club who mean business by trying to get back to where we were.
    That's the impression I'm getting.
    FSG turning us into a small-time club?

Bunch-a-caaan’ts….

Horrible thing to say but I give him 2 months until he's out for most of the season again (Starting when the season starts.)

As for keita i'm surprised he's got through friendly's without a injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Horrible thing to say but I give him 2 months until he's out for most of the season again (Starting when the season starts.)

As for keita i'm surprised he's got through friendly's without a injury.
    77 games in 4 seasons, 8 goals.
    Keita 55games 4 goals.
    To think either of them will suddenley flip that trend is just naive.

77 games in 4 seasons, 8 goals.
    Keita 55games 4 goals.
    To think either of them will suddenley flip that trend is just naive.
    I assume ox's 77 is probably mostly sub appearences too?

I didn't think he'd start that many so must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I assume ox's 77 is probably mostly sub appearences too?

I didn't think he'd start that many so must be.
    A lot of them I'd imagine. Keita probably had more starts.

After looking rusty (to put it kindly) at the weekend, it was nice to see that the energy and athleticism still seems to be in there.

Hopefully can build on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    After looking rusty (to put it kindly) at the weekend, it was nice to see that the energy and athleticism still seems to be in there.

Hopefully can build on that.
    FFS. Howay Sid.