Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    A good read

4th top goal goalscorer not too bad tbh.
    Considering game time
    He hasn't done too badly, indeed. I also really love him in interviews.

If I had a critique of him, it's that in some of the games where he scores, he has done little else - and a Worldie can mask a lot in the memory.

That said, when he is really on it with the driving runs and is having a good night with his decision-making and first-touch, he is a peach of a player - hopefully can find a way to play close to his best consistently.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The problem is Sid hes rarely "on it". Those performances are very,very few and far between and more often than not he gets carried.
    I know a lot of people like Keita too but to me whenever one of them or both start games it's to the detriment of our midfields overall performance.
    Last week against Brighton Keita played well enough but the midfield was bring overrun at the end of the first and beginning of the second halves. Neither of them are top end players, they are squad players and I said earlier in the week Jones must fancy displacing either of them as it's there for the taking.
    Keita is finishing his second full season. He's not going to get any more consistent, hes had enough time and if a decent offer came in he'd go without doubt. Hes had good moments, scored a few critical goals but the consistency isnt there and hes never going to replace any of the main 3 to get the time he needs.
    I really think we need to add some real quality to elevate the midfield (like 19 says). Weve got plenty of decent players and a couple of class ones but we need another.
    For what its worth nd as unlikely as it is I'd take Kroos despite his age, I'd love Thiago but that rumour looks to be fading.

I agree Ox needs to be more consistent, 100% - if he could be he would be a Monster, but he doesn't and therefore isn't - perhaps a product of not having a fixed role in the Wenger years.

Will have to agree to disagree on Keita as I rate him very highly. Creates pressing shadows well, high intensity, will dribble occasionally (which Honestly is something almost nobody in our side does) and gets into good positions. Most importantly, upon reception of the ball, his first thought is to progress it forward provided that someone is in a good position for a progressive pass to come off.

On Thiago (assuming you mean Alcantara and please correct me if I'm wrong) I think he is a Boss player, but would prefer a much less injury-prone addition, if we are getting to add at all.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I agree Ox needs to be more consistent, 100% - if he could be he would be a Monster, but he doesn't and therefore isn't - perhaps a product of not having a fixed role in the Wenger years.

Will have to agree to disagree on Keita as I rate him very highly. Creates pressing shadows well, high intensity, will dribble occasionally (which Honestly is something almost nobody in our side does) and gets into good positions. Most importantly, upon reception of the ball, his first thought is to progress it forward provided that someone is in a good position for a progressive pass to come off.

On Thiago (assuming you mean Alcantara and please correct me if I'm wrong) I think he is a Boss player, but would prefer a much less injury-prone addition, if we are getting to add at all.
    Yes Alcantara but I would be happy to take Silva for a season too. Would be a good addition despite age, dont see him in the prem though. Might be scared of the pace.

Scratch that! Didnt realise he was 35!!!!

Some players don't play at their best with certain players and never have, people need to remember Oxlade missed all last season, he was a big hit in his first season in which he played in a midfield with Hendo and Milner or Hendo and Wijnaldum mostly, he's never played well in midfield with Fab, his good games this season all came in midfield with Hendo and Gini.

Something for our analysis team to look at, and indeed our recruitment team, for me there are too many combinations that don't work in our midfield, players in them have never performed at their best in some combinations and have never facilitated the team playing at its best, particularly our full backs and wide forwards.

Gini Hendo Keita, Keita Hendo Oxlade, Gini Hendo Oxlade, they all work and all have worked well, they're the only ones I trust

Edit: Our midfield squad wise has also lacked balance for far too long, Lallana and Shaqiri going and bringing in one more creative player and one more box to box midfielder both of whom have great switch balls in their locker and who will offer the same energy, tenacity and focus we get from Hendo and Gini
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th July 2020 at 02:13 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think with Oxlade hes a natural player and sometimes trying to play part of the team takes away his incentive. I would love him just to go at the opposition and take a shot.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We're now into November and he's still not fit to play. Is he even training yet ?
    Anyone know what's happening with him ?

Not fit to train outside yet... Seriously.

Too cold for him.. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We're now into November and he's still not fit to play. Is he even training yet ?
    Anyone know what's happening with him ?
    No wonder we didn't sell him he's got long term sti only thing i can think of