Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oxlade

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Oh no, for sure they're on the decline, of course. I've been saying for years they'll be in for a rough ride with their crap transfers and Messi on the wane.

But they will still win guaranteed trophies in Spain all the time as they have no real competition besides Real - who've got issues of their own and AM - who... aren't stellar. They'll still get plenty of domestic silverware.

In Europe - not so much. Good riddance too!
    Atletico ain't lost a game yet 4 wins 2 draws but I do get your point

I think they may do it this year though with real and barca being off, it would be amazing to see someone like real sociedad win it though for a complete change

Mikel Oyarzabal never gets mentioned but he's only 23 and looks quality, don't think he'll be there for long.

I would love me a Basque champion, Kev! Good shout. Here's hoping someone breaks that tiresome duopoly, though it's going to be tough.

Thought the Oyarzabal character was at least five years older, but I guess I'm confusing him with someone.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Atletico ain't lost a game yet 4 wins 2 draws but I do get your point

I think they may do it this year though with real and barca being off, it would be amazing to see someone like real sociedad win it though for a complete change

Mikel Oyarzabal never gets mentioned but he's only 23 and looks quality, don't think he'll be there for long.
    Man City
    Yesterday our back 4; £12m
    City back 4 ; £200m+

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Man City
    Yesterday our back 4; £12m
    City back 4 ; £200m+
    Maybe i'm being stupid but where's the relevance to my post Dicko?

anyone know what's wrong with Ox yet?

has he packed it in or something >?

@Kev

I'm guessing he's clicked on "reply with quote" on your post at some point, then cancelled but it's gotten cashed somehow. Happens to me at times as well.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Turns out there was a contractual agreement between Southampton and Arsenal, whereby every time he played for 20 minutes or more, Arsenal had to give Southampton £10,000.

Which is why so many of his appearances came in the form of substitutions after the 71st minute.

That is wild!

I think Ox is over maligned, played a really important role in 4 or 5 really good wins when available at RCM or LFWD he's our only player to have played in Mane's position and helped the team function at its best while also scoring a couple of important goals, played really well in a few games at RCM in that interchanging midfield 3

One of my favourite goals of the season came when he was involved in that, the passage of play was just a brilliant demonstration of the fluid 3, it started with Ox rcm Gini LCM and Hendo CM nd finished with Hendo high press RCM Ox LCM and Gini at No6 with the opposition player for transition
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think Ox is over maligned, played a really important role in 4 or 5 really good wins when available at RCM or LFWD he's our only player to have played in Mane's position and helped the team function at its best while also scoring a couple of important goals, played really well in a few games at RCM in that interchanging midfield 3

One of my favourite goals of the season came when he was involved in that, the passage of play was just a brilliant demonstration of the fluid 3, it started with Ox rcm Gini LCM and Hendo CM nd finished with Hendo high press RCM Ox LCM and Gini at No6 with the opposition player for transition
    Funny hiw you dont apply the same to Fabinho who was without question instrumental in us winning the title and CL whilst playing midfield.

Chamberlains good games are far outweighed by his poor or invisible man shows. Hes a 1 in 5 player.
    Doesnt do anywhere near enough to ever be a first team player.

Amen.

Had hopes for him when we signed him - but always had that nagging feeling he would end up on the bench more than playing.

My Gooner mates were over the moon that they got so much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Funny hiw you dont apply the same to Fabinho who was without question instrumental in us winning the title and CL whilst playing midfield.

Chamberlains good games are far outweighed by his poor or invisible man shows. Hes a 1 in 5 player.
    Doesnt do anywhere near enough to ever be a first team player.
    I don't know why people try and talk to him about fabinho or bother replying I don't anymore, the guys a idiot over it