Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He would be getting the minutes Lallana gets for me now he is a talented kid.

He isnt the finished article who is at 19, he WILL make mistakes but he looks a first team squad player to me.

He has a touch of arrogance about him not always a bad thing along as he dont turn into a Bobby Duncan.

For CL game I think Klopp will go Gini Hendo Ox.

I am not turning on Fabinho he has proved to me he is a quality player he is just in bad form.
    Agreed.. The boy looks a real gem..His touch and awareness seem advanced for 19.

Like tees i am sure Fabinho will get back to his best BUT we can't afford to let him gain rhythm v Atletico. Put all effort into getting through - then let Fab find his feet. I genuinely feel this run of poor results will help us get through.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th March 2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed.. The boy looks a real gem..His touch and awareness seem advanced for 19.

Like tees i am sure Fabinho will get back to his best BUT we can't afford to let him gain rhythm v Atletico. Put all effort into getting through - then let Fab find his feet. I genuinely feel this run of poor results will help us get through.
    Yup. Atlético de Madrid could be thinking that they'll have it a bit easier than expected next Wednesday evening going by our last few results. Fingers crossed our boys blitz those negative feckers next week.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yup. Atlético de Madrid could be thinking that they'll have it a bit easier than expected next Wednesday evening going by our last few results. Fingers crossed our boys blitz those negative feckers next week.
    Think we need an early goal to create the correct circumstances through which our crowd/team energy symbiote can overwhelm them.

Don't fancy us if it's 0-0 at half-time and if they score first I think their defence is too stern for us in this moment.

If the lads want to beat them 4-0 I would love Nothing more than to eat all that humble pie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think we need an early goal to create the correct circumstances through which our crowd/team energy symbiote can overwhelm them.

Don't fancy us if it's 0-0 at half-time and if they score first I think their defence is too stern for us in this moment.

If the lads want to beat them 4-0 I would love Nothing more than to eat all that humble pie though.
    3-1 to us I think
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He would be getting the minutes Lallana gets for me now he is a talented kid.

He isnt the finished article who is at 19, he WILL make mistakes but he looks a first team squad player to me.

He has a touch of arrogance about him not always a bad thing along as he dont turn into a Bobby Duncan.

For CL game I think Klopp will go Gini Hendo Ox.

I am not turning on Fabinho he has proved to me he is a quality player he is just in bad form.
    You don't need to explain that to me Legs, but I understand why you felt the need to say it on here, a lot of people view it as doing that or you knocking a player if you suggest for any reason they shouldn't be in the line up, it's not knocking them, it's just that in yours, mine or anyone else's opinion x y or z player is a better option

I get loads of stick over Gomez, I think he's an absolutely fantastic developing CB, my opinion is that Matip is a lot better, for me he offers us a lot more at attacking and defending set pieces, he's a lot better positionally and has better reading of the game and anticipation, those two things go together and improve with experience, Gomez is an absolutely fantastic player, but he makes up for not having those qualities as developed as Matip with pace and Matip isn't exactly a slouch anyway.

I always think about the team, I don't have favourites, teams have got better at defending against us and our attacking full backs, so now the lack of creativity in midfield is showing again, particularly in Hendo's absence, whereas it wasn't an issue when our full backs were destroying teams, not having a single midfielder who can play the switch balls and centre to right or left switches to release either full back early when they're in space makes it easier for teams to defend against them.

Given all of that, and the number of corners we get in games and that teams have got a lot better at blocking Virgil and defending our corners too, I think Matip who scored 2 in 8 games from corners prior to his injury poses a considerable threat himself and for me is the better, more seasoned and experienced defender, I think the team would benefit from him being back alongside Virgil and opposition sides would find it a lot harder to defend our corners trying to block and stop both Virgil and Matip, it's that straight forward
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Great performance v Burnley.
    First goal the other day.
    Signed a new contract.

Looking bright for us and the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Great performance v Burnley.
    First goal the other day.
    Signed a new contract.

Looking bright for us and the lad.
    Long may it continue. Extra bodies are handy and if a player doesn't show quite the standard we require, they can be sold to help us gather funds for those who can improve us.

Hopefully our Academy becomes an excellent source of talent for our use / sales in this coming cycle of 2-4 years - makes such a difference.

Positives for this season. He can definitely play and very exciting for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Positives for this season. He can definitely play and very exciting for the future.
    He's grabbing his opportunities with both hands. He's a smashing footballer for only 19 years old.

He was 20 on 30th of Jan mate but yeah, developing really well for his age.