Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    19 has issues. Big issues. No need to be so rude to Skye. He stated his opinion FFS!
    😮*
    Forgive me, I just choked on my porridge there for a moment..

Incidentally, Nineteenx, can you explain the difference between press and counter press? I’m beginning to think you say them after each other because it just sounds so good as it comes off the keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    19 has issues. Big issues. No need to be so rude to Skye. He stated his opinion FFS!

Hendo has been a great servant these last few years. But an average player for much of his time here.

Keita or better turns up and performs and he is back to squad player. The fact he backed himself to up his game ( and he needed to ) and did it IS testimony to his quality though. Not blessed with top technique he is a player who managers love - and has become a very good captain.

Those who compare him to Gerrard are bat shit Crazy. One of the best players to ever wear the shirt with a player who is arguably the weakest technician in the current squad.

He has done brilliant these last few years in a team flush with quality and the best manager in the game. Has to be said though even our best recent form came without him.

Gerrard captaining this side and we win far more than 2 titles!

The end
    It’s not one or the other though. Both players have made tremendous contributions to the club. Gerrard obviously by far the more naturally gifted player.
    Henderson is the engine of this team. Klopp be dropping him for nobody. Everything we do stems from his prompting.

Hendo is 19x untouchable love. the end.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s not one or the other though. Both players have made tremendous contributions to the club. Gerrard obviously by far the more naturally gifted player.
    Henderson is the engine of this team. Klopp be dropping him for nobody. Everything we do stems from his prompting.
    Hard to disagree with this.

Balanced and well put. But that was not the case when Keita came in. This is the point Skye is making.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    😮*
    Forgive me, I just choked on my porridge there for a moment..
    Try less salt..

Henderson is Klopp’s voice on the pitch, driving the team forward. Keita?? Do me a favour, he can’t kick a ball straight without injuring himself ffs.
    Henderson has been absolutely integral to our success under Klopp. The difference between his presence on the pitch and Gerrard’s is that Henderson helps others around him perform better whereas when Gerrard was playing it had a tendency to have players feel they could leave it to him. Some of them shrank in his presence on the pitch, performing better when he wasn’t there. Ok not with genuine class players like Suarez and Torres but several others for sure.
    Under Henderson’s captaincy it is the opposite.

No - Jurgen Klopp is a different breed of manager Miller.

Put Hendo in Rafa’s 2005 team…

then take out Stevie G…

…then try to reach the CL final twice in 3 seasons.

People often confuse a teams success with one player. If there is one player making that difference it absolutely is not Henderson - behave - it was Steven Gerrard.

EDIT: Easy enough debating the two as captains - but it’s pie in the sky - both are captains for 2 very different managers.

Gerrard was a different breed entirely. Not the most vocal and perhaps not as selfless but ask any top side in world football which captain they would take and you know who they want.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th September 2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Henderson is Klopp’s voice on the pitch, driving the team forward. Keita?? Do me a favour, he can’t kick a ball straight without injuring himself ffs.
    Henderson has been absolutely integral to our success under Klopp. The difference between his presence on the pitch and Gerrard’s is that Henderson helps others around him perform better whereas when Gerrard was playing it had a tendency to have players feel they could leave it to him. Some of them shrank in his presence on the pitch, performing better when he wasn’t there. Ok not with genuine class players like Suarez and Torres but several others for sure.
    Under Henderson’s captaincy it is the opposite.
    I think coaches in Keita's past .gave him good advice which he never listened too, "i dont kick a football it will break your foot"
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Also Miller is confusing Keita the reality with what Klopp thought he was getting.

Much confusion here

Mentioning Keita's injury record. does anyone know what it was like when he played Germany?? If he was fit most of the time.I find it strange how hes had so many injuries with us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century