Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hard to disagree with this.

Balanced and well put. But that was not the case when Keita came in. This is the point Skye is making.
    Tbh between his injuries and how long it actually took to sign keita I can’t remember how we were when we first got him. Remember lallana looking great in klopps early months. Coutinho too. Hopefully we see the real keita this season.

I gave up on him long ago mate - but would be tickled pink to be wrong. We need him to come good and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    19 has issues. Big issues. No need to be so rude to Skye. He stated his opinion FFS!

Hendo has been a great servant these last few years. But an average player for much of his time here.

Keita or better turns up and performs and he is back to squad player. The fact he backed himself to up his game ( and he needed to ) and did it IS testimony to his quality though. Not blessed with top technique he is a player who managers love - and has become a very good captain.

Those who compare him to Gerrard are bat shit Crazy. One of the best players to ever wear the shirt with a player who is arguably the weakest technician in the current squad.

He has done brilliant these last few years in a team flush with quality and the best manager in the game. Has to be said though even our best recent form came without him.

Gerrard captaining this side and we win far more than 2 titles!

The end
    Thanks Steveo, yes I was just trying to put my point across.

Gerrard in this Klopp team would make us unstoppable,but It never happened .Young Curtis put in a Stevie G performance the other night,Let's hope he follows it up on Sunday.

If Klopp come to LFC 3-4 season earlier, perhaps skip his Dortmund career, from Mainz to LFC, Gerrard he should had 2-3 tittle at least. He would be Milner no 2 by now, not badly treated by B.R and benched him forced him to move out of the club.

Let me weigh in on this direction that this convo has taken...

Henderson ability & contribution...

I have not been one to slate of Henderson, however there is a saying great players make average players good and good players great. Henderson has had the privilege's to play for the best Manager with at their prime some of his team mates fall in the bracket of world class to very good (Van Dijk, AB, Salah, Mane, Trent) on their day some of the finest footballers of their time. For me the Henderson of 2013-2014 is the best version I have seen of him as footballer. 2018-2020 was special as a group and as the captain he obviously had a great part to play in that. Henderson is a hard worker. A horse. a Good player not great, not world class. In his earlier days when people were slating he was shite at times and kudos to him for proving some wrong but his ability is still where it was. He just sweats blood for the team but his footballing ability is good not spectacular.

VS. Gerrard and who is better captain...

Gerrard also played with world class talent but there is not one person who could say that he played with 1 player on a higher level than him. He was the most naturally talented player of his day and perhaps of any day. One can even argue that the world class level of players he played with are a higher level than all this group. The reason we didn't win a title SAF had a stronger 11 and 22 all the season Gerrard played and then Wenger and Mourinho also did. Gerrard's Liverpool mounted title challenges with David Ngog as back up striker. Won CL with Jimmy Traore and Milan Baros. Single handedly won the fa cup when individual errors were handing West Ham the cup.

Gerrard was a captain that led. He led with ability but also with his mouth and inspiration. There was no more inspirational and proffesional footballer than Gerrard.

Henderson is our most successfull skipper of the last 30 yrs but some might argue we could have won those with or without him. No one can make that argument of Gerrard. He pulled us out of mud on numerous occasions, Henderson never does, he may be a barker and vocal captain but it is disrespect to even say that Henderson is a better captain than Gerrard.

Gerrard is that general that is a soldier first and his action on the battlefield makes others to believe. Someone said take Gerrard out of Benitez team and replace Hendo and put Gerrard in this group. I think under Klopp with Gerrard we maybe win much much more titles because Klopp would have a 20 goal season midfielder in the team but also a captain whom the team would resect as they do Hendo if not more.

Gerrard is probably the best footballer (this includes being captain) I have seen in my days on earth.

I think it’s obvious Gerrard is better than any midfielder we have had for decades.

Football doesn’t work like swap Henderson for Gerrard and we would win more trophies that might not be the case as it depends on tactics.

Gerrard didn’t strike me as having great tactical discipline to hold his position he played on instinct something which Rafa himself pointed to a few times whilst here.

Let me be clear though Klopp would find a place in the first team for him he might even have got the false nine role as it’s called now.

Look at first thing Mourinho did at Chelsea he got Makelele at his base of midfield and he was indispensable for them pundits before that were saying in this country what does he do Jose shown what he can do and it freed Lampard up.

This is a player who won a title with Nantes in France and won title/CL with Madrid yet dipstick pundits couldn’t understand what he did !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He, SKyebo has always been in the loathe him because he's not Gerrard camp and was given the captaincy after Gerrard camp

Hendo's the best captain we've had since the 80's, absolute legend, led the team and I really mean led the team to our first Premier League title, a 6th Champions League and our first ever CWC too
    Klopp led us to titles, Alisson, VVD, Mo and Mane all clearly more pivotal in our title success.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There are plenty better than Henderson that have played for us, can't think of anyone better than Gerrard, neither can most of the people who take part in the polls about the best players, which by the way Henderson doesn't come close. I know what you mean about your first remark, I wouldn't have Gerrard as a mate either.
    Genius can be difficult..

Anyway with respect to Jones, he's really showing the drive to do more.

Clear as day he had the ability and a bit like elliot just a matter of getting upto speed with top level football, no mean feat