Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Mentioning Keita's injury record. does anyone know what it was like when he played Germany?? If he was fit most of the time.I find it strange how hes had so many injuries with us.
    It's not just his injuries, when he's fit to play he has not been good enough apart from a few games. An expensive flop if ever there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Still don’t understand the point do you Steveo? Still a little confused it seems.

As for the ex copper jibe.. just making yourself look even more ridiculous, carry on.
    Yawn.. And climb down off that high horse mr sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The difference between his presence on the pitch and Gerrard’s is that Henderson helps others around him perform better whereas when Gerrard was playing it had a tendency to have players feel they could leave it to him. Some of them shrank in his presence on the pitch, performing better when he wasn’t there.
    I don't like chopping up peoples posts as context is so often lost but the above was said - and I had to respond.

Maybe we should ask this:
    Stevie - perhaps you should apologise for all those times you were so amazingly good - for all those match winning performances - all the times you dragged us through games we scarcely deserved a point in. The Cup final goals and all those blistering runs…for it simply made those weaker players around you shrink into their shell. You should have been more like Henderson..

Did someone mention the word ridiculous?..

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's not just his injuries, when he's fit to play he has not been good enough apart from a few games. An expensive flop if ever there was one.
    I would imagine his attendance record in Germany would be good, if it was similar to his record here, I'd like to think Klopp would have looked elsewhere at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Maybe we should ask this:
    Or maybe it’s irrelevant to the point being made.

Still falling a long way short of having a civilised discussion - one where you are able to hold off on the insults and all the yawning. Trying to understand the what the opponent is saying rather than win the argument by force is a good place to start.

My tupoence worth is that they have both been great captains. We are lucky to have had them both. They are different kinds of leaders - Hebderson’s leadership is much quieter and in some ways more cohesive than Gerrard. Gerrard often lead by inspiration and his own efforts - Henderson is thinking more about what his teammates are doing and strengthens the team spirit by his every effort, which I would argue makes him a better captain when it boils down to it.

No you’ve gone again, Steveo your posts have absolutely no relevance to the point being made, you are making no sense whatsoever.
    I’ll leave it there.

Come on Curtis - don’t be doing this..

It might look great - but - you could stop the less talented players from reaching their peak.**We prefer you to just sit and play the ball sideways ( not a pop at Hend ) - you know, let them think you’re just ok rather than brilliant.**Should do wonders for their self-confidence.***

"Others" help "others" around them on the pitch.

Who helped the "others" on the pitch last season when we needed 26 points out of 30 or fall out of the CL? And with no senior CB's?

The likes of Thiago, Gini, Mane, Salah, and yes Alisson Becker - who also chipped in with as many goals in that period as our captain has managed in 4 years of Champions League football.

We all know that Henderson has BECOME a great leader - and I say 'become' because he was nowhere at all as a captain - prior to that epic 2018/19 season.

Much revisionism taking place here.

Hendo has become a captain different from that which Gerrard was - to say he is a better captain is a personal opinion and one which clings solely to the brilliant performance of the entire team in 2019 and 2020.

Playing for a better manager and in a better team does not make you a better captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    My tupoence worth is that they have both been great captains. We are lucky to have had them both. They are different kinds of leaders - Hebderson’s leadership is much quieter and in some ways more cohesive than Gerrard. Gerrard often lead by inspiration and his own efforts - Henderson is thinking more about what his teammates are doing and strengthens the team spirit by his every effort, which I would argue makes him a better captain when it boils down to it.
    I agree. Both fantastic players and captains who display/displayed it in different ways.
    This is kind of a no win argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "Others" help "others" around them on the pitch.

Who helped the "others" on the pitch last season when we needed 26 points out of 30 or fall out of the CL? And with no senior CB's?

The likes of Thiago, Gini, Mane, Salah, and yes Alisson Becker - who also chipped in with as many goals in that period as our captain has managed in 4 years of Champions League football.

We all know that Henderson has BECOME a great leader - and I say 'become' because he was nowhere at all as a captain - prior to that epic 2018/19 season.

Much revisionism taking place here.

Hendo has become a captain different from that which Gerrard was - to say he is a better captain is a personal opinion and one which clings solely to the brilliant performance of the entire team in 2019 and 2020.

Playing for a better manager and in a better team does not make you a better captain.
    Has anyone said he wasn’t one of the best players ever to wear the shirt?