Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

@miller

This was the start of Keita’s involvement regarding Henderson in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Keita had continued the form that prompted the club to sign him, Henderson would be long gone by now, luckily for him, Keita hasn't cut it here for one reason or another. And we wrote Henderson off In the early days because he was bang average most of the time.
    I can go on OR you can go back to page 7 and read WHY Keita was being discussed OR accept you got your wires crossed.

Nothing to do with what we were talking about. Nothing to do with who the manager is.
    Just try and focus on the effect Henderson has on the rest of the team during the game, talking other players through the game, shouting and encouraging for 90 minutes, leading the press bringing others with him and dragging the team up the pitch. And now Gerrard, just playing his own brilliant game, just focusing on being probably the best player we have ever had.
    He was not the best Captain he was the best player.
    That is the debate, that is my opinion, to which I am entitled. No confusion, just my opinion.
    Keita has absolutely nothing to do with it, not has who the manager is.

Neither Stevie G or Jordan were a patch on the 2010-11 Player of the year, Lucas 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Neither Stevie G or Jordan were a patch on the 2010-11 Player of the year, Lucas 😂😂
    Spitting facts Iano

Stevie is my all time favourite player. Grew up at the same age watching him. Trying to play like him at local level. He was a phenomenal player. With Henderson it’s obviously less spectacular. He can’t win a game on his own. My think with him though is the number of key moments he provides in games. Be it a great piece of pressing to put us on the attack to open the scoring to a key pass that leads to a chance or goal. It’s incredible how often he is the one to provide the catalyst for us. But yes he needs the world class talent around him to shine too. Stevie didn’t. Both legends. Wish stevie had won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Gerrard considered leaving when every top club wanted him.

Hendo told the club to fook off looking for a wage reduction during a pandemic.

Lucas Leiva sacrificed several transfers out of the club to answer injury crisis issues.
    #LFC
    #LucasForCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Stevie is my all time favourite player. Grew up at the same age watching him. Trying to play like him at local level. He was a phenomenal player. With Henderson it’s obviously less spectacular. He can’t win a game on his own. My think with him though is the number of key moments he provides in games. Be it a great piece of pressing to put us on the attack to open the scoring to a key pass that leads to a chance or goal. It’s incredible how often he is the one to provide the catalyst for us. But yes he needs the world class talent around him to shine too. Stevie didn’t. Both legends. Wish stevie had won the league.
    Think it's fairest to say both are good captains, but in an either or, you pick Gerrard everyday on football ability.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think it's fairest to say both are good captains, but in an either or, you pick Gerrard everyday on football ability.
    Probably right cc. In an either or you just can’t not pick him. How do you think he’d have fared in this side. Would he have played in the right of the 3 midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Probably right cc. In an either or you just can’t not pick him. How do you think he’d have fared in this side. Would he have played in the right of the 3 midfielders
    He'd have suited Klopp like a glove.

Think you could leave Hendo on the right and play Gerrard on the left of the 3. Fab 6, Hendo8 and Gerrard 10. A bit like the setup when lallana played with Gini early on.

Mane Robbo and Gerrard on the left would add a few more goals and assists to what we've had on the left.
    Our left side is more solid defensively than our right, so I'd leave Hendo as an anchor and free Gerrard to get forward and score goals.

Dear Curt Jones, No Pressure