Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

still a lot to learn, but he's doing ok, press and counter press needs a lot of work, the amount of time he wants on the ball and number of touches he takes too, the belief and bravery to try the kind of passing and shooting people say he's capable of too and the thinking he's Messi and despite not being the quickest, most agile or skillful, thinking he can try and go past 3 or 4 players in stupid positions needs a lot of work too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

To be fair he’s literally just turned 20, he’s developing brilliantly.

He's not going to be as good as foden who sadly will be compared too....

But he'd never start as many games as people thought on here pre-season, we looked pretty stacked in midfield, yet he's done brilliant and is probably ahead of Ox and keita in performances (when not injured obviously)

could be the player that dribbles past a few players and scores a screamer, with some magic and i'd love a midfielder of ours to be able to do that, even off the bench it's a great option.

Time and maturity will give him the confidence to make better decisions on the pitch and to take shots on where he’s now still hesitating.
    I have every confidence that he will be a regular starter for a decade in years to come.

He is a superb talent and ive been impressed with him.

In the City/Leicester game as soon as he went off we lost it.

That is a small sample against two form teams but he starts the derby for me.

Me too Legs, remember the spectacular FA Cup winner?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Me too Legs, remember the spectacular FA Cup winner?
    Hard to forget that strike it was a beauty

Very impressed with him.

Is interested in passing it forward, but his decision-making when it isn't on seems to be improving. Also shows a lot of physical strength on the ball and can see him becoming a pretty press-resistant player if he keeps that up.

He is developing. Mistakes will be made, he'll have the odd stinker, but in a set-up where we have three midfielders (ideally with one player to back up each position) he certainly looks to be worthy of being in that six-player group and hopefully can only grow from there.

Absolutely

Curtis is very good on the floor. just needs end product now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century