Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 172

Thread: Curtis Jones

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,305
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That was a hell of a performance from him tonight, arguably the best individual performance of the season.
    Obviously been reading the forums!

    We always seem to thrash porto though it's not even funny anymore

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,361
    19x will write every single player off except his ass loved Henderson

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,419
    Top top top performance. Marvelous performance albeit against a piss poor Porto. But he was class.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,028
    True - wonít be nearly so easy against a wounded City and he does lack experience but each time he gets another start - especially at CL level - experience is gained.

    Bags of talent and all the tools - go grab that place Curtis - boy do we need you.

    By far our best performer in the middle of the park in the last 2. His goal in west London should have been the winner.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    14,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True - wonít be nearly so easy against a wounded City and he does lack experience but each time he gets another start - especially at CL level - experience is gained.

    Bags of talent and all the tools - go grab that place Curtis - boy do we need you.

    By far our best performer in the middle of the park in the last 2. His goal in west London should have been the winner.
    He has beautiful balance and the ability to beat people on the half turn like a iniesta type player. Skyís the limit. Be brilliant if he could come properly through now. Long long way to go still.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    10,596
    Hats off to him. The opportunity is there, he can be that create element we need. He was excellent last night , if he's somewhere close against City we'll do well.
    Maybe hes been told to be a bit more selfish and courageous with the ball. Certainly seems to have been a shift in him the last 2 games.
    It'll be a major bonus if we get a good run of form from him at this time with losing Harvey and the toe stubber.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,191
    We have to remember his age as well. Like I mentioned in the Cap Fantastic thread, how many of us had written Hendo off in his early years?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,109
    Curtis played well against City last season we completely fell apart when he went off.

    He is a good player always has been.

    Some like to say he needs to do XYZ but he is a young lad not a robot he is going to make mistakes he is playing at the very highest level people need to remember that.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,939
    Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We have to remember his age as well. Like I mentioned in the Cap Fantastic thread, how many of us had written Hendo off in his early years?
    If Keita had continued the form that prompted the club to sign him, Henderson would be long gone by now, luckily for him, Keita hasn't cut it here for one reason or another. And we wrote Henderson off In the early days because he was bang average most of the time.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    14,422
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Keita had continued the form that prompted the club to sign him, Henderson would be long gone by now, luckily for him, Keita hasn't cut it here for one reason or another. And we wrote Henderson off In the early days because he was bang average most of the time.
    Keita wasnít bought to replace Henderson. You donít particularly rate Henderson though, correct?

Similar Threads

  1. Curtis Jones sees red while on England duty
    By LFC Click in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2021, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th February 2021, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th February 2021, 06:12 PM
  4. Curtis Jones
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 8th February 2021, 09:27 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th November 2020, 07:12 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •