Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 172

Thread: Curtis Jones

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Keita had continued the form that prompted the club to sign him, Henderson would be long gone by now, luckily for him, Keita hasn't cut it here for one reason or another. And we wrote Henderson off In the early days because he was bang average most of the time.
    Luckily for us more so.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    12,007
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Luckily for us more so.
    If you say so Eggy.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    14,585
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If you say so Eggy.
    do you not think he’s become pretty important to our game? I mean fair enough if not. Thought he’d won most over by now.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,414
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    do you not think he’s become pretty important to our game? I mean fair enough if not. Thought he’d won most over by now.
    He, SKyebo has always been in the loathe him because he's not Gerrard camp and was given the captaincy after Gerrard camp

    Hendo's the best captain we've had since the 80's, absolute legend, led the team and I really mean led the team to our first Premier League title, a 6th Champions League and our first ever CWC too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,414
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Curtis played well against City last season we completely fell apart when he went off.

    He is a good player always has been.

    Some like to say he needs to do XYZ but he is a young lad not a robot he is going to make mistakes he is playing at the very highest level people need to remember that.
    It was never a case of him needing to do x y and z, nobody said that or wrote him off, and last night was his best game by a mile, what most here, well 3 or 4 us said about Jones is he needs to back himself and play with the same courage and intensity he played with at youth level, last night was the first time he's genuinely done that instead of playing safe not wanting to be the player to give the ball away or make a mistake and hopefully that boosts his confidence even more and he can continue backing himself

    There was a point last night when he attempted a pass that got intercepted, they countered and nearly scored and should have scored with better decision making, that didn't bother me in the slightest, it wasn't a dangerous position to attempt the pass either, I'm not sure it it ended up with them nearly scoring from it, it shouldn't have, people intercept attempted passes in games all the time, the passer sometimes gets it wrong when it seemed easier to put one on a plate, all part of the game, I just want Jones to continue backing himself and being as brave as he was last night
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,978
    Scored v Brentford and made 3 goals away in the Champions League last night. He should be well ready for City.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    12,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He, SKyebo has always been in the loathe him because he's not Gerrard camp and was given the captaincy after Gerrard camp

    Hendo's the best captain we've had since the 80's, absolute legend, led the team and I really mean led the team to our first Premier League title, a 6th Champions League and our first ever CWC too
    Before jumping in with both feet I suggest you get your facts right about what I've said about Henderson. When Gerrard was leaving, I said at the time that Henderson would be the obvious choice to replace him, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story . Don't make things up about what I'm supposed to have said. He has improved since the early days but he had to and we all know it. I will praise him when he does well like I do with them all. Its a bit rich accusing me of hating someone when you can't wait to have a go at Gomez on the matchdays. What I will stick to is the fact that he would have been sold (Henderson) if Keita had been good enough, its no coincidence he's upped his game since Keita was signed.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    12,007
    We won those titles because of Van Dijk and Alisson, not because Henderson happened to be captain.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,286
    I prefer Henderson on a personal level to Gerrard. Obviously Gerrard is/was a way better that Henderson.
    Leader of all..master of none..

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was never a case of him needing to do x y and z, nobody said that or wrote him off, and last night was his best game by a mile, what most here, well 3 or 4 us said about Jones is he needs to back himself and play with the same courage and intensity he played with at youth level, last night was the first time he's genuinely done that instead of playing safe not wanting to be the player to give the ball away or make a mistake and hopefully that boosts his confidence even more and he can continue backing himself

    There was a point last night when he attempted a pass that got intercepted, they countered and nearly scored and should have scored with better decision making, that didn't bother me in the slightest, it wasn't a dangerous position to attempt the pass either, I'm not sure it it ended up with them nearly scoring from it, it shouldn't have, people intercept attempted passes in games all the time, the passer sometimes gets it wrong when it seemed easier to put one on a plate, all part of the game, I just want Jones to continue backing himself and being as brave as he was last night
    Thing is he might have backed himself but he has to follow team instructions its not like Gini played like Le Tissier either.

    He is only 20 it is going to take time for any player at that age he will have good and bad spells/games as he isnt polished yet.

    As a poster said other day he has defo bulked up abit and it is harder to knock him off the ball hopefully he carries this form on.

    I have noticed it a lot especially with our youth players people putting the boot in if they do one bad pass or make a mistake the problem is football is now 24/7 so 16-17 year olds are known way before their debuts not always a good thing.

Similar Threads

  1. Curtis Jones sees red while on England duty
    By LFC Click in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2021, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th February 2021, 09:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th February 2021, 07:12 PM
  4. Curtis Jones
    By Insidious in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 8th February 2021, 10:27 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th November 2020, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •