Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I prefer Henderson on a personal level to Gerrard. Obviously Gerrard is/was a way better that Henderson.
    There are plenty better than Henderson that have played for us, can't think of anyone better than Gerrard, neither can most of the people who take part in the polls about the best players, which by the way Henderson doesn't come close. I know what you mean about your first remark, I wouldn't have Gerrard as a mate either.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There are plenty better than Henderson that have played for us, can't think of anyone better than Gerrard, neither can most of the people who take part in the polls about the best players, which by the way Henderson doesn't come close. I know what you mean about your first remark, I wouldn't have Gerrard as a mate either.
    I rate Henderson. but yes plenty of better players than him have played for us over the years..I tend not to go over board when it comes to whos great and who isnt. I think time will tell on the matter.. Thats why ive yet to comment on Curtis Jones. other than i rate him. But that doesnt mean he will be consistentlty great. Gerrards record has a attacking midfielder is sublime. He and Lampard were the best of their generation. But Gerrard was more talented over all.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Henderson is the leader Gerrard could never be

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We won those titles because of Van Dijk and Alisson, not because Henderson happened to be captain.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Lol
    I know, the guy's a clown, let's erase from memory ALL our players giving incredible testaments to Hendo's role, the number of games he played at No6, over half in which the press and counter press he orchestrated was so fucking good Virgil and Alisson had fuck all to do almost the entire 90 minutes because the press ahead of them restricted the opposition to virtually zero meaningful possession in our half or attempts on goal and how fucking quickly our incredible form and press went to complete shit when Hendo was moved from No6 from where he had been orchestrating everything, including being our playmaker and how dire our form became when he was out at the end of the season

Fucking blinkered bitter twat, i swear he's that prick Carra or something
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know, the guy's a clown, let's erase from memory ALL our players giving incredible testaments to Hendo's role, the number of games he played at No6, over half in which the press and counter press he orchestrated was so fucking good Virgil and Alisson had fuck all to do almost the entire 90 minutes because the press ahead of them restricted the opposition to virtually zero meaningful possession in our half or attempts on goal and how fucking quickly our incredible form and press went to complete shit when Hendo was moved from No6 from where he had been orchestrating everything, including being our playmaker and how dire our form became when he was out at the end of the season

Fucking blinkered bitter twat, i swear he's that prick Carra or something
    Oh dear, I seemed to have touched a nerve. Is the truth so hard to take ? You carry on believing that it had very little or nothing to do with those two and it was all down to Henderson. And you call ME the clown hahaha 🤣😆😂🤪🙃

And as for the testaments from his teammates, what do you expect them all to say? . They all compliment each other, if you don't know that, maybe you should change sports as you clearly don't know much about football.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Henderson is the leader Gerrard could never be
    Have u watched Gerrard play?

Gerrard play in the club nearly go bankruptcy, need to sell players to get in new one, until we played Ngoc as lone striker, he keep leading the team getting the best result possible, Istanbul, pursuing Suarez to stay for 1 more year they nearly got the champion that year and etc, decided against the Chelsea move stay the team until B.R decided to bench him. ( B.R destroyed Carragher and his late career) So u do not call him a true captain until this point?

Henderson play in the healthy club with no financial trouble, able to get 30-40mil signing most of the season, the most important thing is he play under KLOPP, the world best manager, great inspiration teacher, changing the whole culture and attitude of the club from the Melwood to Anfield, under Klopp he plays at his best. Tell me which captain wasn't at their best under KLOPP? KLOPP change player on and off the field to their best.

What I wanted to say is, before u judge, u need to compare the whole situation, if u put Gerrard under the current klopp squad, I strongly believe, Gerrard will be much more better than Henderson, different level. Apart from football ability, Gerrard is the from Liverpool, he knows everything he fight everything for Liverpool. His cousin is one of the 96, He is not only playing for himself.
    Last edited by Joetan991; 30th September 2021 at 03:58 AM.

19 has issues. Big issues. No need to be so rude to Skye. He stated his opinion FFS!

Hendo has been a great servant these last few years. But an average player for much of his time here.

Keita or better turns up and performs and he is back to squad player. The fact he backed himself to up his game ( and he needed to ) and did it IS testimony to his quality though. Not blessed with top technique he is a player who managers love - and has become a very good captain.

Those who compare him to Gerrard are bat shit Crazy. One of the best players to ever wear the shirt with a player who is arguably the weakest technician in the current squad.

He has done brilliant these last few years in a team flush with quality and the best manager in the game. Has to be said though even our best recent form came without him.

Gerrard captaining this side and we win far more than 2 titles!

The end

Wheres this Keita replacing Hendo story come from?
    Even if Keita had turned out to be the "beast" he was allegedly supposed to be he wouldnt have been replacing Hendo. Whilst 19 probably overstates Hendos importance his contribution shouldn't be played down, he's been integral over the last few years.
    Hes the kind of lad I want my daughter to marry. Lolz etc.
    Last edited by teesred; 30th September 2021 at 08:01 AM.