Page 189 of 248 FirstFirst ... 89139179182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Small update from Krautland btw - from the 2.11. all restarurants, bars and brothels (yes, really ) will be closed. Sports and parks are banned too, save individual sports like jogging. Masks basically everywhere, all travel except business and family emergencies (or something like that) is basically banned. Hotels won't give you a bed unless you have a good reason to go there.

No gatherings of more than ten people. However, those ten should come from at most two households... Nice trick I'd say.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Small update from Krautland btw - from the 2.11. all restarurants, bars and brothels (yes, really ) will be closed. Sports and parks are banned too, save individual sports like jogging. Masks basically everywhere, all travel except business and family emergencies (or something like that) is basically banned. Hotels won't give you a bed unless you have a good reason to go there.

No gatherings of more than ten people. However, those ten should come from at most two households... Nice trick I'd say.
    Yeah i've been moved into tier 2 now which basically means no mixing indoors with other households

But somehow pubs are fine to stay open, not sure how they'll survive mind you some places are that small i know will fit in 4-6 people seperate on tables..... lmao

1 on each table

Sounds better to be here than where you are though, but does sound better in normal times
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th October 2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You fucking aiming that at me son?

You bitch!
    No and no names mentioned
    but I like your response
    Oooh, get you!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

That's a diabolical liberty, there's nothing I used to enjoy more than a trip to 'looker street' in Hamburg
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hearing on BBC that national lockdown is likely to be announced by BJ on Monday and could last to start of December (at least).
    Source is from The Times newspaper.
    What could this mean for football matches?
    Brace yourselves and take care everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Hearing on BBC that national lockdown is likely to be announced by BJ on Monday and could last to start of December (at least).
    Source is from The Times newspaper.
    What could this mean for football matches?
    Brace yourselves and take care everyone.
    Inevitable I think. In order for some kind of Christmas that may resemble normality.

Players are getting tested on a regular basis, i think they will continue to allow games to go ahead, just without the fans as it is now.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Inevitable I think. In order for some kind of Christmas that may resemble normality.
    I hope so TeesRed
    But last time we had a lockdown for 4 weeks it lasted 4 months.
    That was going into the Spring too which probably helped.
    Now we are going towards the Winter.

wahooo can't even see my mates now, not doing much atm but at least i could get out the house before and see people, it's really getting to me tbh, it's fucking bollocks, i'm guessing more people will kill themselves and die of cancer waiting for op than coronavirus itself, i'll still keep predicting scores but i won't be around apart from that not doing great so it's for the best, take care'yall

i'll still lurk but honestly all of you take care of yourself in these times, may only be a forums- and i may argue with some of you, and sometimes tbh i do it just for fun, but on a serious you all are great, so take care.

Love

Kev! X

I shall be back posting (apart from predictions) when i'm alright.

Try being forced to be in 4 walls, then hating being stuck inside, and being made to be stuck inside and losing the people that you love to see, and that keep you going.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st October 2020 at 04:26 AM.

So no one’s feeling remotely cynical about the prospect of more lockdown, the large scale destruction of small to medium sized businesses, the subsequent mass unemployment, the ill health caused by stagnation and restricted access to healthcare, the damage done to young people’s education and the creeping interference of government into every aspect of our lives?

This coupled with the fact that the latest science shows that lockdown has no discernible effect in slowing the spread of disease.

And as one radio host pointed out last week, he checked the data and less people had died on that day than had done on the same day the previous year. We are getting this threat out of perspective. Why has everyone become so accepting of the party line?