Page 201 of 248 FirstFirst ... 101151191194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Spurs, Arsenal and City are relatively new grounds so its expected that the previous congestion has been taken into account. Pity they didnt do do with Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spurs, Arsenal and City are relatively new grounds so its expected that the previous congestion has been taken into account. Pity they didnt do do with Wembley.
    Mate - Spurs ground is built on top of White Hart Lane. Literally overlaps it. That is why they played at Wembley. and the Emirates ( a few hundred metres from Highbury ) is further away from both Arsenal Station and Finsbury park than Highbury stadium was.

I have been to most of these grounds too and can tell you they were better served by transport than Anfield is now - back in the mid 80's.

Honestly doesn't matter which way you look at it Anfield and Goodison have appalling bad transport links - worse than they were in the 1940's!!! It is just a sad fact and the city council don't care a jot,

There's a very good bus shuttle service in and out of the ground on match days from the city centre for about £5.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Normally not, but for a few dozen thousands people shortly before kickoff? I don't like crowds, I really really don't.
    Aren't you surronded by crowd at a game?

And that's what I meant Ian cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Aren't you surronded by crowd at a game?

And that's what I meant Ian cheers
    I am! Concerts too. I just don't love it. Crowds are scary.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I am! Concerts too. I just don't love it. Crowds are scary.
    Same buttt the drink helps that

Don't even miss going out anymore, kinda got use to it I never thought i'd say that!

So fuck you boris you won't destroy me!

You’ll be back on it after you get the taste again Kev. No doubt in my mind.

Don’t let Boris turn you into a hermit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You’ll be back on it after you get the taste again Kev. No doubt in my mind.

Don’t let Boris turn you into a hermit.
    Quite the opposite, been walking about a lot lately, weather been awful last few days mind!

I don't miss the hangovers!! and on top that I get to save some money and be healthy!

Might get back to it when goin to the pub is "normal" again (as in no bollocks rules)

Lockdowns kinda helped to be fair! /these rules

Normally not, but for a few dozen thousands people shortly before kickoff? I don't like crowds, I really really don't.
    My inability to cope in crowds without having intense auditory hallucinations and subsequent panic attacks / nosebleed is the main reason why Anfield will probably never happen for me.

I sure-as-Hell hope I manage to do it though, even if it's just once.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    My inability to cope in crowds without having intense auditory hallucinations and subsequent panic attacks / nosebleed is the main reason why Anfield will probably never happen for me.

I sure-as-Hell hope I manage to do it though, even if it's just once.
    Take some drugs!

Actually probably make it worse