Page 105 of 248 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know

"Now are you gonna believe us, now are you gonna believe us, now are you gonna believe us, we've made ourselves look like cunts again"
    So you're calling all match going reds cunts ?
    But you put a smiley face so it's ok.

I can only speak for myself but I think 19 is joking there.

Nothing wrong with the fans singing “We’re gonna win the league”. Like singing that Firmino is the best in the world. That is fans singing real-time. QPR sing that they are the best team in the world....

Perfect confidence boost for the players and what we call support. But to talk about it as though it’s done - outside of the cut and thrust of a game in the ground - it is very very different - especially when you haven’t won one for 30 years. Each to their own but it always made me worry that we could be made to look fools.

It’s a time to just do as Klopp said - keep level headed and once it is won - then start crowing.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So you're calling all match going reds cunts ?
    But you put a smiley face so it's ok.
    It's not all of them is it, I'm just pointing out that 'giving it the large' before anything is won is incredibly stupid, tempts fate and makes us all look like cunts as they throw us all in with 'the idiots' it was embarrassing and cringe worthy when they were doing it in Rodgers near miss season, when opposition players, fans and people in general see that kind of thing before anything is won, it makes them even more desperate to see us fail too.

Don't see why people do it, it's just asking to get bitten in the arse and for the rest of the football world to be very anti Liverpool, it really is ugly and doesn't portray us in a good light at all
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I think 19 is joking there.

Nothing wrong with the fans singing “We’re gonna win the league”. Like singing that Firmino is the best in the world. That is fans singing real-time. QPR sing that they are the best team in the world....

Perfect confidence boost for the players and what we call support. But to talk about it as though it’s done - outside of the cut and thrust of a game in the ground - it is very very different - especially when you haven’t won one for 30 years. Each to their own but it always made me worry that we could be made to look fools.

It’s a time to just do as Klopp said - keep level headed and once it is won - then start crowing.
    I wasn't joking this time, I really really don't like it, if they like and appreciate Jurgen as much as they claim, why can't they just follow the players and Jurgen's mantra of taking it a game at a time, insisting nothing's won yet and actually keeping their gobs shut about any title talk until it is won

Edit: Each to their own, but when they start with that shit it really makes me fucking cringe and I always think "Here we go, they're at it again, watch this end in complete and under embarrassment somehow, why can't people behave like the alleged most knowledgable fans in the world and keep their gobs shut until something is actually won"

There are other things they could sing "One game at a time sweet Jurgen...." "Feel it closing in, game in game out game in game out game in game out......" Joy Division

One game at a time sweet Jurgen
    That's all we're asking from you
    Just give them the strength
    To do every game what they have to do
    Yesterdays gone sweet Jurgen
    And tomorrow's another game in the line
    Jurgen help me today, show me the way
    One game at a time
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th March 2020 at 01:12 PM.

Although we've only won the 3 trophies so far, this Liverpool team is the best football team I've ever seen in the modern game, every single thing that they do, their attitude and approach as well as what they do on the pitch, all aspects and there's still a lot to come with the right signings this summer or whenever the transfer window gets moved to as I think it's likely it will be moved

This is exactly why, apart from he doesn't fit with how we play and is massively overrated, we don't need pricks like Grealish. Allegedly partying to 4am on Sunday morning, then drunk driving and crashing into 2 parked cars when every fucker's supposed to be in lock down and to help finish the season and provide some much needed stimulus and entertainment for the millions stuck in doors footballers should be living like monks and being even more responsible than everyone else, what an absolute twat

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-seek-jack-grealish-talks-after-car-crash-vcq32dg6z

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's not your bias Tees, it's the ridiculous 30 years Murdoch and Dacre 'anyone but Liverpool' bias from far too many dickheads

I've said this several times, but if it were any other club currently in our position, even either Manc club, even with a lesser lead of say 15 points, I'd be saying they should get the title, because I'm not a knob and although I loathe both those clubs, it would be fair and the right thing to do and in the best interests of the sport and demonstrating the values of the sport and sporting behaviour

If they stitched us up, we would absolutely go and win it next season, we've all seen how our lads react to disappointment and stitch ups, if there is a next season, there is usually a second wave following a mutation with viruses like this, so finishing this season, if it's at all possible to, makes absolute sense, because we've played 3 quarters of it and we might not get to play next season anyway, calling next season off and making sure this one is finished, even if it's in September or october is the most sensible option
    If we get awarded the title it'll be as good as void in my opinion. There'll always be people saying "well you didnt really win it so it doesn't count".

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Does piers think arsenal are somehow gonna leap up the table next season. Ferdinand one dosent make sense. Dosent come across on bt as having a particularly negative attitude towards liverpool and has often been effusive in his praise for us over last few years. Coupled with the fact that man utd have so much left to play for and are looking very likely to finish in top 4 with a great chance in Europa and still in fa cup I find it odd him having that view unless its cos of west ham connections or some other agenda.
    Morgan is a prat. Doesn't give half as much of a fuck as he says. He crowed long and hard for Wenger to go. Worked out well for them upto now.
    Morgan saying "theres more important things than football ". Yeah that's obvious to anyone with a fucking brain but theres also nothing wrong with having contingency in place for sport that's already commenced. It's totally different for events like euros,Wimbledon and the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If we get awarded the title it'll be as good as void in my opinion. There'll always be people saying "well you didnt really win it so it doesn't count".
    Not in mine, but each to their own, given the strength of our team in all positions, how we play, how we stop the opposition playing and restrict them to barely creating anything at all so regularly through our pressing and counter pressing and our form over not just this season, but all of last season too, I simply do not believe we would not get another 6 points from an available 27, I think our getting all 27 points is more likely and I don't believe UAE FC would get maximum points in all their remaining games considering their form and issues this season.

I wouldn't care what anyone said either or if we had the title with an asterix , every thing I have seen throughout the last 2 seasons tells me our lads would get the job done, they react brilliantly to adversity too and given the extensive attempts by a lot of people in the game to deprive them of what they've been working so hard towards, I believe they would be even more determined and resolute in every game and from reports like the Grealish one and others I've seen, I expect our lads will be in better shape if and when the season can resume too

I counts when teams win it only courtesy of plain wrong decisions, it counted last season when UAE FC won a few games by odd goals that were offside or from penalties that never should have been given or from Kompany being allowed to stay on the pitch in our game against them at the Etihad after a nailed on all day long red card challenge, which should have seen him sent off and miss the next 3 games, fuck what other people say, we were fucking robbed last season
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th March 2020 at 01:41 PM.

Some obvious bias here BUT you cannot even begin to think about starting another season without completing this one, whenever that may be.
    The ramifications going forward would last for years, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest this couldn't happen again next season.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."