Page 106 of 248 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I see the Red Bull F1 boss wanted to put all his drivers together in a training camp and let them get infected. I can see where he's coming from as it's as good as zero risk for elite athletes but there's not enough information on how long you stay immune once recovered.

Obviously very controversial given the number of global deaths but could see some clubs contemplating it if they thought we were definitely resuming the season in a couple of months.

I'm guessing the insurance companies would have a meltdown though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Highly contagious
    And will be devastating for the 1.5 million people in the uk who would be vulnerable if they catch it.

1.5 million all needing icu health care at the same time.

Plus the rest of us 'healthy' folk too needing care but would probably survive if we have ventilated / oxygen help.

So Toneta; it is a kind of "I'm alright Jack" stuff the rest.

If we look at the figures worldwide still only 36000 deaths in 3 months.

The uk had 48000 excess deaths of the flu in 1999/2000 for 3 months.

I guess the difference is perhaps they didnt need ventilation.

Some world leaders are really challenging why should all be shut down.
    Trump and BJ too were for the herd method.

If the world was prepared with a health care, masks, gel sanitizer and oxygen ventilators then maybe it would be handled differently.

If the season gets finished I will be amazed .

I think it will be voided. And next season wont start until January.

This team will be ageing. And to hit the heights of this season will be very difficult.

The best ever team not to win the premier league. And what a story!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Highly contagious
    And will be devastating for the 1.5 million people in the uk who would be vulnerable if they catch it.

1.5 million all needing icu health care at the same time.

Plus the rest of us 'healthy' folk too needing care but would probably survive if we have ventilated / oxygen help.

So Toneta; it is a kind of "I'm alright Jack" stuff the rest.

If we look at the figures worldwide still only 36000 deaths in 3 months.

The uk had 48000 excess deaths of the flu in 1999/2000 for 3 months.

I guess the difference is perhaps they didnt need ventilation.

Some world leaders are really challenging why should all be shut down.
    Trump and BJ too were for the herd method.

If the world was prepared with a health care, masks, gel sanitizer and oxygen ventilators then maybe it would be handled differently.

If the season gets finished I will be amazed .

I think it will be voided. And next season wont start until January.

This team will be ageing. And to hit the heights of this season will be very difficult.

The best ever team not to win the premier league. And what a story!
    From what I have heard then if you are put on the ventilator you are in a 50/50 live/die situation and also there is also pretty much nil chance of your close friends or relatives being allowed to see you even if it is your last moments on this Earth. The same is maybe also true regarding the funeral. This virus sucks the life out of your lungs if it really takes hold. The ventilator apparently is like putting your head out of the car window in the fast lane on the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    From what I have heard then if you are put on the ventilator you are in a 50/50 live/die situation and also there is also pretty much nil chance of your close friends or relatives being allowed to see you even if it is your last moments on this Earth. The same is maybe also true regarding the funeral. This virus sucks the life out of your lungs if it really takes hold. The ventilator apparently is like putting your head out of the car window in the fast lane on the motorway.
    Funerals are exempt from the social gatherings ban, though it may depend on the parish how many mourners they allow.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Barcelona players taking a 70% wage cut, surprised we haven't heard of PL teams doing it yet.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If we get awarded the title it'll be as good as void in my opinion. There'll always be people saying "well you didnt really win it so it doesn't count".
    If we were awarded it as there was a 3 point difference between 1st & 2nd I would agree. But we are miles ahead. It would take something of globally epic proportions to stop us winning it
    Last edited by vin; 30th March 2020 at 06:54 PM.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I really dont give a sh#t if its handed to us we have worked our bollox off for 2 years and we deserve it.

There is more chance of the virus stopping tomorrow than us not picking up 6 points out of 9 games.

Its like when people moan at cricket and say Joe Blogs was out on 22 but the record books say he scored 150 thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    If we were awarded it as there was a 3 point difference between 1st & 2nd I would agree. But we are miles ahead. It would take something of globally epic proportions to stop us winning it
    Ehem... "It would take something of globally epic proportions to stop us winning "

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Barcelona players taking a 70% wage cut, surprised we haven't heard of PL teams doing it yet.
    Probably because they are near €1bn in debt

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Funerals are exempt from the social gatherings ban, though it may depend on the parish how many mourners they allow.
    Not so sure , what is the situation in Italy ?
    Arent they cremating?