Page 15 of 248 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Also talk of not declaring a champion this season like in 05 when Juve were stripped for match fixing.

I think the UK Gov have handled the situation better than other Govs across Europe, especially the Italian Gov whose initial measures weren't as strong or good enough. It may escalate here, but even if it does I think we're at least 2 or 3 weeks away from playing behind closed doors and miles away from any talk of postponing the rest of our league fixtures
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Is it possible cold weather might in fact help to restrict the spread?
    Temperatures in the UK have been really low recently.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I think it's maybe spreading faster in Italy and Spain because their initial preventative measures weren't good enough and because of the warmer climate

Lets get this thing won as soon as bloody possible, none of this shit here please....

Gabriele Marcotti
    @Marcotti

Italian FA mulling 3 options based on when/if situation allows Serie A to start again.
    1. Declare title vacant, assign Euro spots based on current standings, no relegation
    2. Season over, title/relegation based on table
    3. Playoffs for title/relegation
    (rooting for 3 myself)
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Lets get this thing won as soon as bloody possible, none of this shit here please....

Gabriele Marcotti
    @Marcotti

Italian FA mulling 3 options based on when/if situation allows Serie A to start again.
    1. Declare title vacant, assign Euro spots based on current standings, no relegation
    2. Season over, title/relegation based on table
    3. Playoffs for title/relegation
    (rooting for 3 myself)
    Those Italians are crazy assholes, given the look of their table and it being so close, only 1 point between 1st and 2nd you can maybe see why they'd consider option 2 or 3 although, so far through their season, even though I'd really like Lazio to win Serie A, they should just go with option 2.

If it were halfway through a season, even if a team had a 12 or 15 point lead, I'd say just sack it off, because it's just not enough games to determine Champions, European spots or relegation spots, but over 3 quarters of the way through the season in our league as it stands option 2 is the only realistic option if it should come to that, which I don't think it will anyway

It's got to be the only time ever to be thankful for a Tory Gov, they'll always back big business come hell or high water however it affects anyone else and football is absolutely massive for the UK treasury, plus they do not give a fuck about anyone but the top 1% and never have

Because it involves international travel and teams, staff and players travelling to or from more high risk areas it is far more likely that this season's Champions League will be cancelled before it can reach its conclusion in my opinion. I think the Champions League and the European Championships will be cancelled
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th March 2020 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I heard it is the high temperature which should stop the virus

" - The geographical spread of nCoV has so far been restricted to countries with colder climates.
    - Most of the major cities in India witnessed temperatures in the range of 10 to 35°C in February.
    -However, experts warn that higher temperature alone may not help to curb the new coronavirus"

Theres some reports saying it might not peak until summer. They're basically clueless and are guessing by the looks of it.

This Arsenal and UAE FC ruse will likely have repercussions for UAE FC and their Champions League aspirations - Arsenal played Olympiakos a week earlier when if they didn't meet the owner, they were in contact with Olympiakos staff who regularly meet with him, since then they have played the bitters, who have played the filthy and Chelsea since and the filthy have played UAE FC since playing the bitters- Ergo, UAE FC should seek medical advice and ask UEFA to postpone their second leg v Real or pull out of the competition