Page 175 of 248 FirstFirst ... 75125165168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

That's on top of what people are paying for Sky .
    And they wonder why IPTV is so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The economy is at stake largely because Eintsein was entirely accurate in 1949

90% of the UK population aren't capable of making an informed political decision, most have shown themselves to be entirely incapable of following a political thread.

I went absolutely berserk when I saw that fraud Farage standing in empty factories blaming the EU for the demise of UK manufacturing in his PPB in the last election. I have a form of autism, a part of that is it automatically recognises and stores important information for me, so I've followed the political thread, in its entirety all the way from 83/84 to present day, the Conservative party did for UK manufacturing, and tried to do away with anything else that had unionised jobs, it had absolutely fuck all to do with the EU

We're in a highly precarious economical state because of bunch of morons who 90% plus of can't follow a political thread and are ridiculously easily manipulated by the media into accepting the unacceptable and into voting for who they are told to, for reasons that are entirely false kept voting for the fucking Tories and THEN voted for fucking Blair who was another Tory and let the UK become entirely reliant on service sector jobs in the process
    If only Corbyn & the brainstrust of the labour front benches had met the electorate at a lesser level of intellectual prowess.
    It's such a shame as per your hypothesis that the really smart people couldn't meet the really dumb people at their level.

If only Corbyn had led the labour party on 2 key fronts he'd probably have won, even the first alone - Get Brexit Done & Free Assange - having seemingly abandoned both, he made the mistake of trying to out promise Bojo on spending. Alas with little understanding of economics.

In the midst of his defeat and subsequent replacement, the leadership contest didn't strike me as a high calibre field.
    Keir Stamer head of the CPS re Assange & genius mind of the second referendum won.
    Anyone who thought a second referendum, subverting the vote, would be an election winner was pretty naive imo. The data was there and it pointed to a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What a fantastic post Sid.
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Sid, that's beautiful.
    Very kind lads.

We can do quite a bit as individuals and I genuinely feel that even one Household per street with Bird feeders and intelligent choices regarding flowers/berries etc can make such a difference so as to "connect the dots".
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Could probably use a separate thread but I really like my Wildlife/Nature (mainly Birds but am trying to learn more) and am looking at little ways in which I can "re-wild" pockets of areas locally.

I won't see the fruits of my Labours for years to their fullest degree, but I like to get cheap seeds of pollinators and disperse them at waste ground and so on.

There's a long grass bank about a mile away that's parallel to the roadside (near a local park) that I have begun to trim of the ecologically uninspiring grass with a view to gradually altering the length of it into a pit-stop for Bees and Butterflies, whilst I'm also looking into a few things where I could make proposals to my local farmer (who is open-minded) as he owns land that overlaps with a local country park called the Cavehill in Northern Ireland - he has a small cliffy area on his land surrounded by various grass and shrubs full of Shrews etc and the cliffy section is used by Kestrels - the "cliffs" such as they are, are probably only 40 feet tall and not well sheltered so I'm getting a Kestrel box and trying to source an inexpensive way to get that mounted so they have more chance of egg success (if they use a box with a roof rather than a bare cliff the eggs are less threatened by the elements) should they nest.

He also left one of his fields alone this last year - no Cows, no machinery - and it's the first year I have seen Siskins or Long-Eared Owl over that area of land.

Believe me, you can do a lot - everyone can. I'm doing more research so I can contact local councillors when betti r-prepared for extensive questions, but even taking the likes of these new build housing areas that are everywhere that have a green area in the centre rather than the Houses having gardens as an example - it only requires people to accept something like 5 California Lilac bushes rather than just plain lawn and you can begin to "connect the dots" of areas for Nature.

There's a guy in NI called "the Phantom Planter" who plants trees in quiet spots on the regular, anonymously - and encourages others to do the same. Now, it needs done "right" in my eyes (people might plant non-pollinators that block light for important plants, people might plant a non-native Juniper too close to a native genus etc) but the principle of the idea is lovely.

We can do so much. Take the House Martin and the Swift - their numbers are dropping fast and hard because we (collectively as a species) have changed our House design - the eaves of houses are often made of PVC etc now and when these Birds make their nests out of a combination of collected mud and their own saliva, the mix doesn't "stick" to the eaves in the same way and they either waste valuable Summer time building failing nests, or the nest collapses at an important stage and eggs/chicks are lost.

If even a couple of Houses in an area committed to sticking up an artificial House Martin or Swift box, they could make an enormous difference to Birds that are quintessentially part of the Summer experience and it doesn't take a monumental effort.

We have the power.
    Hi Sid. I like your ideas regarding helping nature. Maybe you could post some bits and pieces advising how to get hold of pollinators for example.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Hi Sid. I like your ideas regarding helping nature. Maybe you could post some bits and pieces advising how to get hold of pollinators for example.
    Hi mate, not having a good day today (will be temporary) but next time I have a good one I can sort a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hi mate, not having a good day today (will be temporary) but next time I have a good one I can sort a thread.
    Trush me mate, everyone is finding things tough at the minute. You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Trush me mate, everyone is finding things tough at the minute. You're not alone.
    Appreciate the kind words, but sincerely would be amazed if I wasn't back on track within the next day or two - I bounce back really quick these days, years of practice

Just googled Dr Johnny Bananas and had a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If only Corbyn & the brainstrust of the labour front benches had met the electorate at a lesser level of intellectual prowess.
    It's such a shame as per your hypothesis that the really smart people couldn't meet the really dumb people at their level.

If only Corbyn had led the labour party on 2 key fronts he'd probably have won, even the first alone - Get Brexit Done & Free Assange - having seemingly abandoned both, he made the mistake of trying to out promise Bojo on spending. Alas with little understanding of economics.

In the midst of his defeat and subsequent replacement, the leadership contest didn't strike me as a high calibre field.
    Keir Stamer head of the CPS re Assange & genius mind of the second referendum won.
    Anyone who thought a second referendum, subverting the vote, would be an election winner was pretty naive imo. The data was there and it pointed to a big loss.
    Agree, the Labour report revealed Labour only lost in the prior election because the Blair and Mandleson faction of the party were working harder than anyone in any party to try and ensure Labour lost. It also revealed 95% of all the AS complaints, flooding the system to prevent the rare genuine case being dealt with expediently were all made by just one person

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that disastrous Brexit policy that was forced on the leadership at the party conference and concocted mostly by Starmer and Thornberry was with the same aim

Blair's father was a Tory MP, his infiltration of the Labour party was nothing more than a move to ensure it would be business as usual for the 3% whoever got elected and having pulled off the greatest con trick in UKpolitical history, they and the UK media are desperate to keep things that way and Starmer leading the Labour party suits them just fine, i won't be voting for them and i sincerely doubt the red wall will either, i think the Blair con was a one time trick, i think Blair's mob know that too, but as long as they're milking expenses and getting handsome donations to prevent any Labour Gov that would deliver real change, they're happy enough not being elected
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Spot on 19.