Page 177 of 248 FirstFirst ... 77127167170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    People dying from corona virus are dying alone - very alone!
    I maintain that this illness is inhumane.
    From a relatively short search on the Great Barrington gang they appear to be a quite liberalist, right-wing organisation:

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2020/10/07/the-great-barrington-declaration-has-nothing-to-do-with-epidemiology-and-a-great-deal-to-do-with-far-right-economics/

Do you agree?
    What illnesses do you consider humane?

Reading the title I'd guess it's highly politicized rubbish. Far right economics

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Agree, the Labour report revealed Labour only lost in the prior election because the Blair and Mandleson faction of the party were working harder than anyone in any party to try and ensure Labour lost. It also revealed 95% of all the AS complaints, flooding the system to prevent the rare genuine case being dealt with expediently were all made by just one person

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that disastrous Brexit policy that was forced on the leadership at the party conference and concocted mostly by Starmer and Thornberry was with the same aim

Blair's father was a Tory MP, his infiltration of the Labour party was nothing more than a move to ensure it would be business as usual for the 3% whoever got elected and having pulled off the greatest con trick in UKpolitical history, they and the UK media are desperate to keep things that way and Starmer leading the Labour party suits them just fine, i won't be voting for them and i sincerely doubt the red wall will either, i think the Blair con was a one time trick, i think Blair's mob know that too, but as long as they're milking expenses and getting handsome donations to prevent any Labour Gov that would deliver real change, they're happy enough not being elected
    1 - I could agree with that although I'd add his but Islamophobia retort to antisemitism was pretty weak.

2 - again agree most likely, but it was his weak leadership that left him vulnerable to that move.
    Should have stuck with getting a proper withdrawal from the EU (the one he called an empire over here and to keep our placards for a third vote had we resisted again as the eu doesn't respect votes that are wrong) which would have needed some power of persuasion for the pro-EU obsessed left, banged the drum on Assange and kept his economic/free stuff pledges to a minimum. Small measures go a long way.
    Instead he went way beyond bojo, rarely brought up Assange and caved to the 2nd referendum idea of stamer.
    Probably needed to clean house far more than bojo ended up doing.
    It's a pity in ways, looking at the left uk and USA Tulsi Gabbard aside the rest looked like dolts. A dearth of leadership on display.

People dying from corona virus are dying alone - very alone!
    I maintain that this illness is inhumane.
    I honestly don't know what you mean by this, SR. Firstly, we all, ultimately die alone.

But if you are concerned about loved ones not being allowed into the room for someone's final moments, then yes I agree with you. That is a tragedy caused by the policy, not the disease. If my mum was dying of it they have to restrain me and lock me up to stop me from getting into the room to be with her.

There was also a son pulled apart from hugging his mum at the dad's funeral the other day due to social distancing - a shameful moment in British history in my opinion. That wasn't caused by the disease either.

From a relatively short search on the Great Barrington gang they appear to be a quite liberalist, right-wing organisation:

Do you agree?
    They are barely an organisation - just three leading academics from three different countries who want to help galvanise support for a different approach to be taken.

I have been listening to two of them for a number or months and I have heard nothing to suggest political affiliation.

Battacharya himself says at Great Barrington that public health policy should not become political and the fact that it has is a failure of health policy, which should unite.

I don't see what is right wing about being concerned about a sharp rise in global poverty, the need for children to have normal lives at school or trying to lower anxiety and help people keep things in perspective.

And I don't see why being concerned about the working person is right wing - its the central concern of Marx. Those most comfortable working from home are the white collar workers by the way. The poorer workers are still collecting rubbish, clearing the sewers, cleaning homes and offices and working in supermarkets - that's those of them who haven't become jobless and pushed into poverty.

And anyway, even if they were 'right wing' (whatever that means these days), they are still talking sense. If you think a right wing person is incapable of talking sense you might be bigoted.

That article is very badly written by the way, by someone who doesn't know much about the subject. His views on herd immunity are badly wrong.

But taksin we're not animals, we are our own Gods

if anyone lives in liverpool can you stop spreading ya corona please?

Thanks, no wonder our players are getting it.

Enjoy the pubs being shut !

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It's a pity in ways, looking at the left uk and USA Gabbard aside the rest looked like dolts. A dearth of leadership on display.
    You're joking, right?
    Surely, you have to be.

She's a homophobe and a bigot.
    And that's the "best" thing you can say about her.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    You're joking, right?
    Surely, you have to be.

She's a homophobe and a bigot.
    And that's the "best" thing you can say about her.
    No, I think she had the best qualities to become an effective leader. Many good qualities, for example I like how she sincerely acknowledges the damage of polarisation within the country.

What are the middling and worst things you can say about her ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No, I think she had the best qualities to become an effective leader. Many good qualities, for example I like how she sincerely acknowledges the damage of polarisation within the country.

What are the middling and worst things you can say about her ?
    I know....

"many good qualities" like playing the apologist for a Butcher who slaughters his own people and gasses a segment of his population.
    (as in,...... "The Butcher" is literally the guy's nickname by HIS own people : Bashar 'The Butcher' Al-Assad, who not only routinely slaughtered Syrians who showed dissent, but gassed the Kurds in the Northern part of his country with chemical weapons before his chemical weapon depots were destroyed.).

And of course, the aforementioned homophobia and her belief that gay people shouldn't have the right to marry and that transgender people should have the law used to legislate against their rights to live, and all that lovely stuff that homophobe bigots usually love like "gay conversation" therapy and 'pray the gay away' shite (oh,...she had an "enlightenment" and changed her views a couple of years ago on the issue, conveniently just as she was gearing up for a run for the Democratic party nomination).

"Good qualities".

LOL!

But I suppose it's just about on-brand for you.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We had crowded beaches, eat out to help out, pubs reopening...

a few weeks later there were very few cases of covid on the hospital wards, nightingale units dismantled...

Now suddenly there are more hospital cases than in March?!

Most of these are over the age of 65, particularly those 85+.

What has happened to our old people in the last few weeks to cause this covid surge?

Thank god that a few weeks ago we rolled out the biggest flu jab programme in history.