Page 183 of 248 FirstFirst ... 83133173176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Their lifestyle will be a major barrier against it, no drinking,smoking, eating good food and excercise as a way of life is probably a huge benefit.

Yep think with a lot of the media hysteria - much gets lost. So many infections but most with few to no symptoms.

Being balanced though - it does seem to be a different situation for those who have had shortness of breath and other serious symptoms - there are consistent reports of long lasting fatigue - a big worry for any sports professionals.

That said - my daughters year all sent home because of one boy. They can’t attend school now until 23rd October 1 day before a 2 week half term. The lad will be back in an empty year on Monday 19th because he is apparently 100% normal.. Haha - it is nuts.
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th October 2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That said - my daughters year all sent home because of one boy. They can’t attend school now until 23rd October 1 day before a 2 week half term. The lad will be back in an empty year on Monday 19th because he is apparently 100% normal.. Haha - it is nuts.
    That really is crazy, Steveo. The feeling I now have is that I am talking to a mad person - the country I mean. There is always a logic and rational being used. The logic can't ultimately, be faulted. But there is no sense of perspective, common sense or wisdom. With a mad person, you can never get past their water tight and completely mad argument.

I've just listened to a lecture by the Governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem. Thanks to her, the experiment has been run on what would happen if no lockdown was imposed. She got nothing but ridicule and criticism from all quarters in government and media. But she has principles that allowed her to keep things in perspective. Fauci told her she would have 10,000 covid patients in hospital at the peak, but she only had about 200.

Covid-19: a virus so deadly, you have to get tested to see if you have it.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Over here they close schools and kidergardens based on the number of infections per 100 000 in the area and / or if there's too many sick kids. Not sure how many is too many though.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Their lifestyle will be a major barrier against it, no drinking,smoking, eating good food and excercise as a way of life is probably a huge benefit.
    probably good i've stopped drinking due to all the restriction shit and smoking and started walking 2 hours a day now then!

To be fair this virus has actually helped me

(now i'll get it and die but yeah)

Also they don't serve alcohol after 10pm for some reason.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Also they don't serve alcohol after 10pm for some reason.
    Same here yeah

Boris has done a 3 tier system

So basically when everywhere gets Tier 2 no household mixing, so can't go pubs with ya mates, and add that onto the stupid pointless 10pm curfew, it's a way of closing them down before they have to bail them out in Tier 3 (forced to close)

they've got it all worked out to kill any independant places and we'll just be left with the big chains.

it's a complete joke aswell yeah lets wait until its out of control in area before we do anything about it, lols

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep think with a lot of the media hysteria - much gets lost. So many infections but most with few to no symptoms.

Being balanced though - it does seem to be a different situation for those who have had shortness of breath and other serious symptoms - there are consistent reports of long lasting fatigue - a big worry for any sports professionals.

Its ridiculous that school situation. The only guy I know who has got it is one of my managers, the deputy on his shift had to isolate 14 days because his wife had it yet the guy who's got it is back in 10 days as its different if you actually have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    probably good i've stopped drinking due to all the restriction shit and smoking and started walking 2 hours a day now then!

To be fair this virus has actually helped me

(now i'll get it and die but yeah)
    Good boy. Sounds like you're looking after yourself.
    Only an occasional drinker and very rare smoker myself. 2 hours walking a day is good excercise and obviously outside in the fresh air makes a difference to your whole wellbeing and psyche.