Page 19 of 248 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425262969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The idea of playing games behind closed doors, it’s just unbearable; especially the Derby. It also gives city an unfair advantage because they’re so used to it.
    Lolzavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The idea of playing games behind closed doors, it’s just unbearable; especially the Derby. It also gives city an unfair advantage because they’re so used to it.
    Lol beat me too it, my exacts thoughts yesterday

I will reiterate that all clubs and their staff have to be more responsible, all staff that have any necessity to be at close quarters with players and our football staff need to take extra care to avoid environments in which they could be more likely to be infected. All non football staff who don't need to be in any contact with the players and football staff but are, need to be stopped from having any contact, including owners like the guy from Forest/Olympiacos
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I dont get why all Madrid players are being isolated. Cant they all be tested and get results in 24 hrs?
    It just seems way over the top this now. It's not threatening lives of healthy people (yet?). Protect elderly and vulnerable but locking everything down? Its mental to me.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I dont get why all Madrid players are being isolated. Cant they all be tested and get results in 24 hrs?
    It just seems way over the top this now. It's not threatening lives of healthy people (yet?). Protect elderly and vulnerable but locking everything down? Its mental to me.
    So they have an excuse to postpone their second leg v UAE FC?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So they have an excuse to postpone their second leg v UAE FC?
    Maybe. Dont see what it gains them though. Unless they're sweating on injuries.

Anyone else starting to worry we will be denied the league title?i am now. I hope its not the case..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It’s been a worry for weeks sadly. I know many think there is no way it will happen BUT the reality is - nobody knows - we are in unchartered territory with this.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyone else starting to worry we will be denied the league title?i am now. I hope its not the case..
    Yes, it felt like the season is over last night.
    Being denied the league title by Corvid19 would be perfect, we could become the new bitters.

Yes I am that is what I was saying the other day this is not cut & dried yet, if it happens I don't know what i'd do regarding football in the future I know people's health comes first but realistically how long can they lock people away for ?

My hope is that it would cause HUGE problems in terms of promotion/relegation of teams in other leagues I am not just thinking about us but what about clubs like Crewe for example who look like they will go up to League one or Barrow who look set for a return to the football league after decades and the finances to them going up will be massive.

Welcome aboard mate.

I'm not even sure we'll get our 2 PL games in now, although as of last night they're saying the FA want to go to behind closed doors games before a more extreme measure. BUT looking at the PSG crowd outside their ground last night and the thousands that'll be outside Anfield no matter what against Palace, I can see them postponing the season.

Common sense says bin the Euros and play into the summer if need be. I'm sure they're aware of the huge legal issues involving relegated and promoted clubs if they scrap it.

Once players start getting it, which they will, it's all over.........for now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."