Page 191 of 248 FirstFirst ... 91141181184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Be a real pity if you do revert to lurker status Kev. You provoke plenty of debate, reasoned or otherwise. Your heart on your sleeve, shoot from the hip, “don’t give a f**k what you make of it,” attitude ensures there’s never a dull moment around your posts and conversations.
    Think we would all pretty much to a man ..or woman.. prefer you to stay around to keep giving off in your own inimitable and amusing way (particularly when you don’t mean to be..)
    You’re a good lad Kev and your continued presence on here would be appreciated by all, same goes for anyone feeling particularly worn out and run down by all this lockdown bollocks. We can all at least keep in touch and continue pretty much business as usual from our armchairs and sofas, on here. Particularly while the season carries on, plenty to talk about, debate, argue about. At least it takes your mind of all the crap surrounding Covid while you’re posting on here.
    Works for me anyway...
    Well said, I prefer the honest and open style of posting.
    Stay well all, as Ian said fix washing machines to look after yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    All these questions are good and relevant, mate. The problem seems to me that we have lost our sense of perspective. We’re going round in circles of madness, unable to see the wood for the trees. I saw a bit of an old Friends yesterday, where Chandler’s flat mate accuses him of sleeping with his ex. The conversation goes;

‘So you’re sleeping with my ex’
    ‘Non no no, I did not sleep with your girlfriend’
    ‘That’s exactly what someone who had slept with her would say’

He’s right, but his madness has caused him to be unable to see the truth. And there’s no arguing with him. That’s what has happened to our society concerning COVID, as it appears from where I’m standing. Whatever I say, you can still say ‘but there’s people dying’

This second wave is, in my opinion, nothing to do with our behaviour and failure to be responsible, and it wasn’t affected by the introduction of the mask mandate months ago now. It is the result of winter approaching and the loss of sunlight. It happens every single year. More people die as their weakened bodies grow weary from a lack of. Vitamin D, infrared, and warmth. We go indoors into damp stagnant environments and become more prone to respiratory diseases.

Look at the most recent video I posted above, this year wasn’t even high in mortality in Ireland. It was similar here. There are no signs of it being very high this winter either. The vulnerable are the over 70s and particularly the over 80s. But they are vulnerable every year because that’s the age that people die. They don't keep living forever unfortunately.

What you say is right, the virus is still here and hasn’t gone anywhere, but 500k carriers last week tells you it is not the virus alone that is the telling factor. Otherwise we’d all be dead.
    1,822 covid deaths over here so far for the year.
    My own grandad 93 this January was decimated by the lockdown in nursing homes. He had developed dementia from a series of events that stemmed from an over prescribing of a blood thinner. It was identified 1 year before he was reaching 90 and led to a faint that led to hospitalization at 90, where brain scans revealed he had incurred about a 100 tias from to the hospitalisation process. Then had an unseen fall from bed and broke his hip robbing him of his walk. So hes been in a nursing home ever since against his will.
    Since the lockdown hes become vegetative and unrecognisable.
    My mum the only one permitted to visit him and only once a week for half an hour after lockdown ended, would know many of the other visitors and the general consensus is that most of the patients/customers would prefer to see their family members and run the risk of death than be protected by being imprisoned within the institution.
    The idea I saw expressed in video by an 83 year old woman and a 104 year old woman in the uk was that death is inevitable and that theyd rather live their last few years in contact with loved ones. The 104 year old pleading to see her kids.
    No one should die alone and no one should underestimate the role visitors play in keeping standards high in nursing homes. Imo it's a tough job but visitors are the real independent eyes in the nursing home.
    Within my mums first visit she had noticed that when awake my grandad was scratching profusely, the nursing home hadn't noticed it and it became apparent that their had been a scabies outbreak going untreated.

Hi CCTV
    I'm afraid I can't remember which country you're in. I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. That is very sad. It raises all kinds of questions and concerns about the care of the elderly, our health as a society as we age and the need for nursing homes etc..

But the one thought that I would wish to stress is that no government has any business interfering in theses private matters to do with family contact and support during such tragic events in people's lives. In my opinion, we need to shake ourselves out of accepting the insane meddling we have invited our politicians to throw themselves into this year.

There are already signs that governments are going to use this crisis to abandon elections - its already started happening - so we won't even be able to get rid of them that way when we realise its gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Hi CCTV
    I'm afraid I can't remember which country you're in. I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. That is very sad. It raises all kinds of questions and concerns about the care of the elderly, our health as a society as we age and the need for nursing homes etc..

But the one thought that I would wish to stress is that no government has any business interfering in theses private matters to do with family contact and support during such tragic events in people's lives. In my opinion, we need to shake ourselves out of accepting the insane meddling we have invited our politicians to throw themselves into this year.

There are already signs that governments are going to use this crisis to abandon elections - its already started happening - so we won't even be able to get rid of them that way when we realise its gone too far.
    I agree with you fully on the issue of not seeing loved ones but how does anyone go about it? Care homes,hospitals etc all have rules in place. Theres petitions online but do they actually have any effect?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree with you fully on the issue of not seeing loved ones but how does anyone go about it? Care homes,hospitals etc all have rules in place. Theres petitions online but do they actually have any effect?
    I don’t know, pal. There’s rules everywhere now. It’s as if the only thing we need to think about is COVID at all times all day long. Don’t ask me how we get out of this. I’m doing my very best to encourage people to see things differently.

My father in law has had ill health since a heart attack and has now got parkingsons disease which is not easy as his tablets have to balance with his heart ones. To cut a long story short, he had to go to the hospital to get his heart monitored and while he was there was asked had he been in contact with anyone with covid. The previous week his daughter tested positive but showed no symptoms. So they tested him and the next day his test came back positive. They said my mother in law doesn't need a test as she wasn't showing symptoms (nor was he) 10 days later he's out of quarantine and still no symptoms. Funny that.

If Sean Connery fell down a flight of stairs and thats what caused his death..Plus they checked to see if he had Covid.
    That would have been put on his death certificate.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Sean Connery fell down a flight of stairs and thats what caused his death..Plus they checked to see if he had Covid.
    That would have been put on his death certificate.
    A young 17 year old lad died sadly this week. And it was put down as covid. His dad has come out sadly and made it aware yes he tested positive last month but was retested only last week and tested negative. He was awaiting a heart operation and was a big lad for his age . So not in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A young 17 year old lad died sadly this week. And it was put down as covid. His dad has come out sadly and made it aware yes he tested positive last month but was retested only last week and tested negative. He was awaiting a heart operation and was a big lad for his age . So not in good condition.
    Aw, its sad when young people lose their lives. Its sad when anyone does. But at least most people get to live a long life.
    I maybe a little jokey right now. But i just don't know what to believe any more. 1 million people infected last week? where do they get the numbers from?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Aw, its sad when young people lose their lives. Its sad when anyone does. But at least most people get to live a long life.
    I maybe a little jokey right now. But i just don't know what to believe any more. 1 million people infected last week? where do they get the numbers from?
    More importantly should be how's the vaccination coming along ?