Page 200 of 248 FirstFirst ... 100150190193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Jeez... 2km is too far.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I come from a little village where cars can hardly pass each other going in both directions.. Because the houses were built long before the car was invented..
    I have seen old photos of trams going through and horses and carts..It cant be helped that the housing and streets around Anfield. make it difficult for fans to park and LFC to build further. Im just really glad we stayed at our home.. and didnt decide to move grounds..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Jeez... 2km is too far.
    It's really not

Unless you're someone with a lot of health conditions and/or 20+ stone

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's really not

Is way too far Kev AND it is the ONLY station. it's not like there are 4 or 5 stations within that radius it is one and then the next station is City centre Lime Street..!! It is why the limit of around 60,000 is in place. If you cant get enough people in our out in sufficient time then sadly that is going to be the case

Anyone talking about urban planning - is ignorant to the history. There used to be many stations that have been closed down over the years.. it is nuts

If you know the city you will know the problem.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th December 2020 at 01:52 PM.

There cant be many big club stadiums that have multiple transport links in and out. They all suffer the same problem because of how old lots of them are, any place in the UK that has 60k people descending on it is going to to be a nightmare . Only ones that dont are new builds, even Wembley is a joke and thats new.

Most do tees. Many just a few hundred yards from the ground too. Plus multiple station serving different route within the mile.

Anfield is one of the most poorly served major stadia for transport links.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Looks amazing! A bit annoyed it'll take so long - iirc work was supposed to start this year, but the damn pandemic got in the way. Looks very nice. A capacity of 61k is far more befitting of a club like LFC. Wonder how big Anfield could realistically get without a major infrastructure overhaul? I'd wager not much more than the planned 61k but you never know...
    Most, actually all of the match-going fans that I speak to are in favour of safe standing areas on the kop. Lots of obstacles to overcome before it can happen, but technically there's no reason why it shouldn't be an option going forward. I'm not sure how much capacity gets added pro-rata.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    There cant be many big club stadiums that have multiple transport links in and out. They all suffer the same problem because of how old lots of them are, any place in the UK that has 60k people descending on it is going to to be a nightmare . Only ones that dont are new builds, even Wembley is a joke and thats new.
    Exactly...

Forest was ok when i went to a game there, but was a bit of a walk- but it was a nice walk to be fair, hard to describe but it was kinda, exciting? good atmosphere? I'm not sure enjoyed walking there eitherway

When I went to a villa game we had to wait 2 hours just to get on the platform, and everyone was there like sardines that wasn't fun shit station small platform

Liverpool FC is in a very compact area, can't really do much about it i'm afraid

There is bus's that travel to anfield, even from the station I believe etc and the taxi's love matchday

I wouldn't mind the walk at all aslong as I got there early enough and not have to rush been a long time since i've been mind you so could be different now
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th December 2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's really not

Normally not, but for a few dozen thousands people shortly before kickoff? I don't like crowds, I really really don't.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Public transport - Rail links- the big 6 + Newcastle:

Arsenal:
    Arsenal station - 3 min walk
    Drayton Park Station - 4 min walk
    Finsbury Park station - 12 min walk
    Highbury & Islington - 12 min walk

Spurs :
    White Hart Lane - 5 min walk
    Northumberland Park - 6 mis walk
    Silver Street 16 min walk
    Tottenham Hale - 25 min walk

The Scum:
    Wharfside 7 min walk.
    Old Trafford Station 10 min walk
    Imperial War Museum 12 mins walk
    Exchange Quay 12 min walk
    Trafford Bar 16 min walk

Schitty:
    Etihad Campus Tram stop 1 min walk
    Velopark Metrolink 7 min walk
    Holt Town 10 min walk
    Ashburys Rail Station 19 min walk

Chelsea:
    Fulham Broadway 3 min walk
    West Brompton 10 min walk
    Parsons Green 15 min walk
    Imperial Wharf 15 min

__________________________________________________ _______

Newcastle:
    Monument Metro Station 6 min walk
    Haymarket 8 min walk
    Newcastle Central Station 10 min walk
    Manors 13 min walk

__________________________________________________ _______

Liverpool:
    Sand Hills 27 min walk
    Kirkdale 29 min walk
    Bank Hall 30 min walk
    Lime Street 46 min walk

Remember this is Liverpool AND Everton too. 2 of the biggest clubs in the land.

As a consequence of these dreadful rail links - the roads around either ground are impassable on match days.
    Bring back the old Walton & Anfield station I say....

L4 is in desperate need of better public transport links...!!! Simples.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th December 2020 at 04:30 PM.