Page 207 of 248 FirstFirst ... 107157197200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

You're all funny Guys 😂😂😂

Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin and captain Jamaal Lascelles are both suffering from the long-term effects of coronavirus and it is not known when they will return.

The pair were among several players to have contracted the virus when an outbreak hit the club earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Germany is "discouraging" flights from GB.
    Flights to/from the UK now banned..!

We are being isolated. More countries have followed suit. Britain is effectively a no go area now.

I told a few fans of Brexit to be careful what they wished for.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

We are being isolated. More countries have followed suit. Britain is effectively a no go area now.

Even india have banned us! my gosh!

Funny thing is, pretty sure this "strain" will be elsewhere already, just not detected, or hiding it due to what's happened with us..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Yes, last time I checked, India wasn't in the EU and is isolating herself from us - not the other way round. And those of us who don't like unelected supranational governance by shadowy ideologues who think they know what's good for us whether we like it or not can look at this as an example of what happens when a government doesn't know how to think for itself anymore.

Strangely enough, the global panic was largely inspired by the now discredited Imperial college modelling, which exaggerated the threat by around 2000%. So we can claim to have lead everyone else into this seemingly inescapable set of mad policies, as opposed to being isolated from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Even india have banned us! my gosh!

Funny thing is, pretty sure this "strain" will be elsewhere already, just not detected, or hiding it due to what's happened with us..
    Well its been in the UK since September so it will be elsewhere as you say.

Could be hiding it or our scientists are one the best and have the resources & intelligence to spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yes, last time I checked, India wasn't in the EU and is isolating herself from us - not the other way round. And those of us who don't like unelected supranational governance by shadowy ideologues who think they know what's good for us whether we like it or not can look at this as an example of what happens when a government doesn't know how to think for itself anymore.

Strangely enough, the global panic was largely inspired by the now discredited Imperial college modelling, which exaggerated the threat by around 2000%. So we can claim to have lead everyone else into this seemingly inescapable set of mad policies, as opposed to being isolated from the world.
    “The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.”

— Albert Camus

The power poorly predicting models have over us, is possibly only bettered by the power of people who misinterpret others speaking cordially in their native tongues.
    Last edited by CCTV; 21st December 2020 at 08:16 PM.

Unless they ban people from changing position whilst laying in bed, these bans will have f-all impact on me.

The way people are reacting you'd think the apocalypse was about to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well its been in the UK since September so it will be elsewhere as you say.

Could be hiding it or our scientists are one the best and have the resources & intelligence to spot it.
    Yep, this variant has been confirmed in countries across Europe.

EU are trying to make out it its only the UK that has the variant.
    They're trying to "punish" us for daring to leave the EU.