Page 208 of 248 FirstFirst ... 108158198201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    EU are trying to make out it its only the UK that has the variant.
    They're trying to "punish" us for daring to leave the EU.
    Unfortunately this is what happens when you let the man/woman on the street decide the future of a country mate.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Unfortunately this is what happens when you let the man/woman on the street decide the future of a country mate.
    Cameron objects to you referring to him as, "...a man on the street."

Why, he went to Eaton, for God's sake.
    Show the man the respect he deserves!!

/s
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yes, last time I checked, India wasn't in the EU and is isolating herself from us - not the other way round. And those of us who don't like unelected supranational governance by shadowy ideologues who think they know what's good for us whether we like it or not can look at this as an example of what happens when a government doesn't know how to think for itself anymore.

Strangely enough, the global panic was largely inspired by the now discredited Imperial college modelling, which exaggerated the threat by around 2000%. So we can claim to have lead everyone else into this seemingly inescapable set of mad policies, as opposed to being isolated from the world.
    How do you see 2021 panning out ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I know it's not aimed at me

But new year new lockdown

then more people get vac'd cases go down a bit, then probably still in tier 2, might be able to go the pub in the summer.

Makes no odds to me, can't do much in tier 3 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I know it's not aimed at me

But new year new lockdown

then more people get vac'd cases go down a bit, then probably still in tier 2, might be able to go the pub in the summer.

Makes no odds to me, can't do much in tier 3 anyway
    Tier 4 for everyone soon.
    Next year is fucked unless you've either A.) Paid for the vaccine to get the shackles off or B.) Just stopped giving a fuck and do what you want anyway.
    Can't wait to be homeschooling again. Narrrrrrrttt.

Manchester City: Gabriel Jesus & Kyle Walker test positive for Covid

Such a shame with aguero injured as usual I believe..

They have chelsea after newcastle.

They have the BS in-between those two games.

Kyle Walker at this very moment probably in the middle of his home super spreader party with some ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    As far as coronavirus is concerned, I believe its potency as a killer is waning. This 'mutant variant' is a red herring that is nothing but a normal evolution of the virus. I think we will have to wait until the summer to see that this will be a relatively tame winter in terms of overall mortality - in the UK and everywhere else, with the possible exception of places that haven't experienced exposure to the virus for one reason or another. I predict that this fact will be obscured in the media and general discourse as everyone focuses on overall numbers of those killed by coronavirus, which will sound like big, scary numbers.

Having said that, I would expect mortuaries could be busier than they would have been due to the the added ill health created by lockdown itself. The full effects of this won't be felt this winter but for example I heard that 50% of heart attack victims didn't present to hospital this year and many of them may have been weakened enough to become more susceptible to winter's relentless culling process this year.

Many of them will have died of flu, but those numbers will be obscured in favour of coronavirus. The charts now focus on for example NHS beds with 'Covid positive patients'. This is almost certainly misleading as the PCR tests are being used on everyone, giving false positives at up to 100x accuracy, so most of these people who are dying will probably be dying of something else and are not ill with a disease called Covid-19.

This is important as it helps to justify lockdown policy, which I think will be shown to be disastrous this year. We need sane leaders to take us out of here but I fear they are now too far down the line to admit they have made the biggest mistake in history outside of war.

They are committed to furlough until April I believe but who among us think it will just end then as life returns to normal? We have the farce of a set of vaccines arriving that probably don't work and which will probably cause a huge amount of quite severe illness in the population (and which we almost certainly don't need anyway). Those of us who do not favour the vaccine will be ridiculed and possibly sanctioned against taking part in whatever normal life becomes by idiotic politicians and big business leaders who demand compliance.

Independant small businesses, the low skilled and low waged and the young will be hardest hit. That's at least 70% of the economy. Many will lose their jobs and business investments. They will be asked to enjoy some kind of universal basic income, an extension of furlough without the actual job, in return for compliance with the new regulations. This will satisfy no one except the least productive people and civil unrest will start to develop, probably in almost all regions of the world and the food shortages and inflation start to bite (this I suspect will take a couple of years to fully mature).

Civil unrest will probably germinate first in France and the USA, where quite a lot of unrest has already been fomenting in the last couple of years. But Germany and quite a few other countries are ripe for it too. The lockdowns will probably intensify as desperate politicians try to hold onto power. A lot of this seems to be coordinated through intergovernmental agencies that have become too political such as the World Bank, United Nations, World Economic Forum, and the main Central Banks. Jo Biden has already signalled his intent to refund and reconfirm the importance of these agencies and the Democratic governors in the US have shown far greater enthusiasm for severe lockdowns, which is a sign of what's to come.

In what order all of these things play themselves out I have no idea. I doubt these leaders do either. They are thinking they can rebuild the economy from the ashes of Covid into some kind of green paradise - things can't continue as they have been anyway because the sovereign debt has reached unsustainable levels - so they are trying to build a way out of where we are in the image of their own neo-communist fantasies. But I don't think that can work. The economy is so complex and organic that you can just kill half of it and tell people what's next. Resentment will grow towards the architects who of course will protect their own wealth and profit hugely from these plans if they ever succeed. I don't think they can succeed. Getting rid of fossil fuels, for example, is the idea of a maniac who understands neither energy nor the terrible environmental impact of 'renewables'.

So, in short, I see unusually difficult times ahead with no end in sight. The only way out I can see is if people start to demand different actions from the politicians. They fear their own unemployment more than most things. I would hope people inform themselves and realise that going to full football stadiums for example is as safe as it ever was. If we become brave in the face of the supposed threat, we will become less willing to put up with the mess that is being made worse each day.

Thanks Taskin for your time to respond.

Can anyone explain why people are not wearing masks in shops or public spaces.

One positive consequence of people actually washing their hands and sanitizing is their is practically no gastro this year.

I hope by the end of spring the vaccine will have protected a majority of the elderly and weak.

So that with precautions we could go about a morsel normal way of life.

Again it looks like the airports / flights will be troubled again.

Many flights out of the uk are banned.

I hope like the previous pandemic in 1918/1920 will last 2 years.

2021 here we come....