Page 21 of 248 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Was always going to happen once the Madrid players went into 14 day quarantine.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Think its got through already.. Man-city games been cancelled
    Lol it's been cancelled because Real have put themselves in 2 weeks isolation after one of their basketball side who all their football players had been in contact with tested postive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    With the way Atkinson will referee on Monday evening, we will be lucky to win that game. hes a cheat
    As I've always said, ref's can only do that if you give the opposition opportunities to allow them to

After all the bitter bastards in our league crying to try anything to stop us being crowned champions, it would be absolute divine justice if Burnley turn UAE FC over on Saturday, then we beat the bitters on Monday to get another vital 3 points and clinch the title and the UK Gov then forces UAE FC and the filthy to withdraw from this season's European competitions, it would be no less than they deserve.

Wonder what it’s like to live in the world of being famous. Every day i go to work im face to face on average with 350 people. Ive had to carry on going to work. If i dont go, i dont get paid. Im still waiting to be told not go to work. Until then, im just a number. If only i was on £100k a week and still get paid regardless.

Govt have said self isolate if you have fever or cough. No mention of cancelling events etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Govt have said self isolate if you have fever or cough. No mention of cancelling events etc.
    I still think it's vital they make UK teams withdraw from European competition this season, it is THE most likely place any player or staff member from a UK team is going to contract Coronavirus, it is way way higher risk than them staying in the UK and playing League or Cup games and that far higher risk then being allowed to continue then puts all other clubs who aren't taking that higher risk at a far higher risk

It's just dumb to let it continue, they need to make them pull out of the Champions League and Europa League for the nations health and the health of all other players and staff members in our league

They're saying we're about 4 weeks behind Italy and that the peak is 10-12 weeks away!
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    They're saying we're about 4 weeks behind Italy and that the peak is 10-12 weeks away!
    We're a lot more than 4 weeks behind Italy, it spread a lot quicker there because their initial measures were simply not good enough

Just read on the BBC that the opinion of UK govt is that banning mass events,closing schools etc is only going to quell it for a short time then cases will rise again.
    Basically a keep calm and carry on standpoint. I'm glad. We need to protect elderly and vulnerable from this mostly. Their view on schools is that children seem to be less affected and there needs to be much more evidence for closing them and right now there isnt any.