Page 218 of 248 FirstFirst ... 118168208211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I know someone who works in a very busy well known supermarket.

Seems no staff have amazingly not had covid. (Or at least no one has said they have had it)

Probably the worst places to get covid;
    Hospitals
    Doctors surgery
    Supermarkets

So Taksin

What do you want to happen in 2021 ?

Ps
    Hospitals are full treating covid
    An extra 35,000 people have died in the last 9 months in England. (4000 a month excess approximately)
    Borders are closed ( at least they are controlling their borders)
    Sorry don't understand - are you saying none of the staff have had it, or haven't had it?

You never know with dicko, he likes to hedge his bets ...

The FA need to quickly introduce rules regarding players breaching Covid rules. Expecting clubs/managers to come out and roundly condemn their players, never mind punish them is like asking someone to turn lead into gold. It just isn't going to happen, namely because clubs will protect their own interests and will thus not want to risk alienating their players.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You never know with dicko, he likes to hedge his bets ...
    I'd like to put my chips on red, black, and zero, both singular and double if that's all right with you croupier?

Aye

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The FA need to quickly introduce rules regarding players breaching Covid rules. Expecting clubs/managers to come out and roundly condemn their players, never mind punish them is like asking someone to turn lead into gold. It just isn't going to happen, namely because clubs will protect their own interests and will thus not want to risk alienating their players.
    Not sure the fa has the power to go that far, they don't own the players.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not sure the fa has the power to go that far, they don't own the players.
    The FA in conjunction with the PL do have the power to do that. It is bringing the game into disrepute e.g. causing the cancellation of games.

I’m going to keep saying it even though no one takes it on board.

There are now 25 scientific studies showing that lockdown makes little or no difference to mortality outcome.

Moralising about the behaviour of footballers or anyone else affecting the spread of the disease is not going to help anyone.

We may as well moralise about people’s metabolic health and the frailty of the aged population for daring to succumb to the disease. The elderly of Japan, for example, proved to be virtually untouched by the disease despite tests showing it was endemic. So we can sit around blaming our elderly for having poor diets and unhealthy lifestyles if we are looking to blame someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m going to keep saying it even though no one takes it on board.

There are now 25 scientific studies showing that lockdown makes little or no difference to mortality outcome.

Moralising about the behaviour of footballers or anyone else affecting the spread of the disease is not going to help anyone.

We may as well moralise about people’s metabolic health and the frailty of the aged population for daring to succumb to the disease. The elderly of Japan, for example, proved to be virtually untouched by the disease despite tests showing it was endemic. So we can sit around blaming our elderly for having poor diets and unhealthy lifestyles if we are looking to blame someone.
    I was thinking about Japan just the other day. We don't tend to hear now about how other nations are doing with this.

Where are these studies you talk of? If there's so many people in the medical profession with opposing views why aren't we hearing about it? Why isn't it in the news?

I'll agree to disagree

Seems to be coming down in wales