Page 221 of 248 FirstFirst ... 121171211214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I don't remember hearing much talk of strains until recently. I was surprised to learn we've had over 4,000 strains in the last 12 months. And that this nasty one has been with us since September.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Taksin do you have an opinion on the new strain being more transmissible?

Is it likely a result of lockdown forcing this evolutionary adaptation ?

Is it likely this increase in transmissibility will lead to a decrease in lethality ?

I've seen it suggested that it's evolution isn't surprising with lockdowns and that typically increased transmission rates tend to link with decreases in lethality.
    Yes that seems to be the tendency and it seems to be what’s happening now.

Ivor Cummins says in that video above that less people seem to be dying of it, even though the hospitals in the UK are filling up (according to his sources). That is born out in the data too.

His analysis of the mortality data from all the countries in the world shows this winter increase is essentially not a pandemic - in many places it wasn’t the first time round either. So, even though it is new and supposedly spreads faster, there is immunity to it that comes partially from exposure in the spring. Interestingly the flu viruses have now disappeared, which is another classic thing that happens apparently.

I would encourage everyone to watch that video.

So it begins 61k cases today, only 818 Deaths!

will be 1k+ a day next week or so due to the amount of "false" cases ha

I’m not going to get involved in this debate a) because I don’t have the time, and b) because I probably need to be careful with what I say.... but I’ll just say this:

I’ve worked for the Lancashire and more recently the Yorkshire Ambulance Service for well over 30 years. I have never seen our capacity stretched to this point before. I have never seen suffering on this scale before. I have never seen death on this scale before. The mortuary in one of our major hospitals has corpses in the corridors with the doors open to keep them chilled. Nursing staff are dropping like flys.

We are at breaking point, and it’s only the beginning of January.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I’m not going to get involved in this debate a) because I don’t have the time, and b) because I probably need to be careful with what I say.... but I’ll just say this:

I’ve worked for the Lancashire and more recently the Yorkshire Ambulance Service for well over 30 years. I have never seen our capacity stretched to this point before. I have never seen suffering on this scale before. I have never seen death on this scale before. The mortuary in one of our major hospitals has corpses in the corridors with the doors open to keep them chilled. Nursing staff are dropping like flys.

We are at breaking point, and it’s only the beginning of January.
    Thank you for your input, it seems people rather believe Joe bloggs off the internet than actual first hand accounts

All the best for the next few weeks as it's going to get worse sadly, then hopefully improve due to the lockdown that should of happened earlier (again)

You have my utmost respect

Take care even taking a walk outside, you notice the increase of ambulances... it's a sad sight every time I see one

There's nothing really to debate about there's no other option to do than what has happened, end of story really

"A critical incident was declared at Lincoln County Hospital on Monday night "due to the large number of patients requiring admission"."

Is exactly why this has happened before every hospital get's to this point, may even still happen in the next couple of weeks, I feel for the staff, and on top of that the staff then have to see people trying to fucking deny it, or make out it's a hoax- or saying nah don't lock it down keep the cases coming!!

Mainly by people sitting at home, picking up 80% of wages for doing fuck all
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th January 2021 at 06:21 PM.

Take care Southern mate I respect the NHS as I know first hand the work you/they do.

Stay strong, sb! Your country and your family need you! Can't imagine what an this time must require from people in your line of work...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Thanks for the messages of support lads.

It’s heartbreaking more than anything else. The worst by far with this virus, is leaving families on their doorstep knowing in many cases that they’ll never see their loved ones again. That’s not normal.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Thanks for the messages of support lads.

It’s heartbreaking more than anything else. The worst by far with this virus, is leaving families on their doorstep knowing in many cases that they’ll never see their loved ones again. That’s not normal.
    Is there support for people like yourself if you need it? Must be hard dealing with that constantly.

https://fullfact.org/health/can-we-believe-lockdown-sceptics/
    This is a look at both sides of the debate.