Page 222 of 248 FirstFirst ... 122172212215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is there support for people like yourself if you need it? Must be hard dealing with that constantly.
    This is where I have to watch what I say. We do have counselling available, but in truth, there’s just not the time. We tend to support each other, and trust me, there are plenty of tears and breakdowns. Contrary to what some people might think, we really do care; perhaps more than we should. Not just covid, but in general.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This is where I have to watch what I say. We do have counselling available, but in truth, there’s just not the time. We tend to support each other, and trust me, there are plenty of tears and breakdowns. Contrary to what some people might think, we really do care; perhaps more than we should. Not just covid, but in general.
    What type of person says you don't care? Fuck people like that.
    This is the exact type of situation people who work for NHS could exploit and use to get the payrises they have deserved for so long. They could hold the Govt to ransom like the coal workers did in the 70s 3 day week. They wouldn't do that though because they care about the job they do and care about people.
    This country can't function without the likes of you and all your colleagues. Hats off to you fella.

If you sign up to work for the NHS you know the kinds of things that can happen. If people don't want to deal with things such as possible pandemics, contagious diseases (such as Ebola), the aftermath of accidents/terrorist attacks etc, then don't go into such a profession/institution to begin with.

Personally I have more sympathy for those who didn't sign up for such things but are being put at serious risk day after day. They are largely not paid anywhere near as much as those that work in the NHS (no matter how much they bleat on about being underpaid), never mind not getting a nice fat pension at the end of their careers.

I and another member of my family have dealt with the NHS for over a HUNDRED years between us. It's a seriously flawed institution, largely staffed and financed by a bunch of incompetent, idiotic, self serving so and so's, who often cost people's lives rather than saving them, at which point they rally around each other to make sure they are free to continue with their incompetency.

The people who "bleat on" as you say about being underpaid are the front line staff.
    There's not really much debate to be had about it as they are seriously underpaid for the job they do and their wards etc are underfunded. They have to do a job under difficult circumstances due to lack if equipment etc and understaffed issues. I agree its badly run but that's an overall government issue that's been going on for decades.
    Whilst you and your family member have had difficulties there are millions over the years who will testify to the fantastic job these people do. I know it first hand also.

Nonsense. Have you seen how much nurses alone get, never mind their pensions/perks? Compare that to what carers receive.

Like I say, I have more experience of the NHS as a whole than most people/staff i.e. I've lived it for my entire life and that of numerous family members. It is NOT staffed by great, hard working angels, but largely by incompetent, self serving people who are infinitely more concerned with themselves and their careers than they are the people they are supposed to be looking after. I could give many, many examples of this, but if I did this site would become TheNHSis****.co.uk

Those that say the NHS is great are largely those that have brief dalliances with it, or have a condition or two which have been treated well/easily e.g. a broken bone. If you are complicated, old, or very importantly expensive to treat etc, the NHS suddenly isn't the bastion of angels and competence that you and those like you think it is.

That's entirely your opinion based on personal experience the same as mine is.
    My eldest son wouldn't be here if we're not for the NHS and someone very close to me would not be either right at this point in time now. I personally have a lot to thank them for. The vast majority of people in this country have benefitted from the NHS,its without question one of our greatest achievements.
    I know you have not had good experiences but that does not mean its a bad service or the people who work for it are uncaring.

Carers work for private companies. They are a different entity when it comes to wages and conditions. I sympathise with anyone doing that role as they are also underpaid more so than NHS staff but your statement previously could be applied, they know its an underpaid job and its hard.
    Both situations are governed by people making decisions completely out of their control. It doesn't mean they don't do a great job and deserve more pay.
    The one thing that this pandemic should change is the pay and conditions for both sets if people we are talking about. It won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Thanks for the messages of support lads.

It’s heartbreaking more than anything else. The worst by far with this virus, is leaving families on their doorstep knowing in many cases that they’ll never see their loved ones again. That’s not normal.
    Know a fella over there whose dad died alone on Xmas day, not permitted entry to see him.

Have you gotten your vaccine yet ? Know a few who've got theirs over there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nonsense. Have you seen how much nurses alone get, never mind their pensions/perks? Compare that to what carers receive.

Like I say, I have more experience of the NHS as a whole than most people/staff i.e. I've lived it for my entire life and that of numerous family members. It is NOT staffed by great, hard working angels, but largely by incompetent, self serving people who are infinitely more concerned with themselves and their careers than they are the people they are supposed to be looking after. I could give many, many examples of this, but if I did this site would become TheNHSis****.co.uk

Those that say the NHS is great are largely those that have brief dalliances with it, or have a condition or two which have been treated well/easily e.g. a broken bone. If you are complicated, old, or very importantly expensive to treat etc, the NHS suddenly isn't the bastion of angels and competence that you and those like you think it is.
    How are they self-serving ?
    I'd say everyone is self-serving myself so what are you talking about ?

Tbh I think people have such a high expectation of care and generally forget to enjoy the life they have before their time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Know a fella over there whose dad died alone on Xmas day, not permitted entry to see him.

Have you gotten your vaccine yet ? Know a few who've got theirs over there.
    I got my first shot last week, not because of the Job, but because of my health issues (heart). I’m normally in the control centre nowadays due to my health and age, but I’m “back in the trenches” at the moment in a support role. It’s a 3 man crew and they call me granddad! They’re normally youngsters (mid twenties), they love their job and - as I said earlier - they care so much for the people in their care and their communities.

I feel for you noods, genuinely I do. It sounds like you’ve had a shitty experience and that’s not right. I wish there was something I could do to help. It’s a far from perfect organisation, everyone knows that, but most NHS staff try so bloody hard every shift, and it can be frustrating for them as well. I hope you get some proper care soon.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Exactly my point. One interaction regarding one member of your family (albeit an important one) has convinced you that the NHS is great. That is what generally happens in regards to the NHS and much of the wider world i.e. at best sticking your head in the sand, and at worst having a sort of "**** you jack, I'm alright" attitude to, or view of certain things.

Many people are not so lucky as to have just one condition and/or a member of their family that is easily treated, irrespective of whether it is something that saves a life, or stops someone living a life of pain or extreme difficulty.

Yes the NHS in 'theory' is a great idea. I think that every person on the planet should be getting universal/free healthcare. However it is nowhere near to being a perfect system, and anyone who thinks that it is has either had little interaction with it, has been very lucky in getting their or their family members conditions well treated, have vested interests/work for the NHS, or are terribly naive.

It's not just my experiences, but those of many other people, including other family members up to and including the death/killing of such people. You only have to read the news to know how many sickening things go on with the NHS. Do some basic searching and you will find thousands of examples of people that have been through similar things. Just because you have been lucky to have not been through such experiences does not mean that thousands upon thousands of others haven't. I'd be willing to bet my life that most of those who have to deal with the NHS on a regular basis and/or have multiple serious/complicated/expensive problems have had numerous issues with it and/or those that work within it.

Recently I had to endure one of many, many f-ups by the NHS where I am concerned, and in this particular case there was a huge dose of irony. What made it ironic (on top of having a number of my conditions triggered/made worse and I was also cost both time and money) was that at the same time somebody else was a victim of the same f-up. Do you know what was ironic? The fact that this somebody else was themselves a consultant. He certainly was not pleased.

I've had people who work in the NHS tell me that it has serious issues. What more do people need above and beyond words "from the horses mouth" to convince them that it has serious failings?

As for carers, they do not sign up for a job where there is a distinct possibility of those events I mentioned occuring, just as neither do the likes of those working in retail, public transport etc. How about people clap for them, never mind some of them getting more money than they currently do? Nope it's much easier to believe the narrative that the NHS is almost beyond reproach and staffed by selfless angels.

I know differently. Just as many thousands of others do who don't happened to have had the great experiences that you have.