Page 230 of 248 FirstFirst ... 130180220223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237240 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Ive not been TOLD anything lets just say they have a better diet than Europe fair enough, but they are15-20 times the population here at least.

We have had 100k plus deaths they have had around 5k.

You are entitled to your opinion but those figures above dont add up to me.
    We have one of if not the worst mortality rate - on the planet - at bel east according to the reported data, so why would you compare China to the the UK and use that as evidence of anything? We have been worse than Trumps US got heavens sake!

Why..?

I have been pretty clear in suggesting you compare China with its closer neighbours like Taiwan - South Korea or even New bloody Zealand - and you will see that there is nothing extraordinary in the stated numbers.

There is a jingoism surrounding this.
    A kind of - oh well if WE in Britain have lost 100,000 then those dodgy Chinese must surely be lying
    If they say they have only lost a few thousand.. It’s playground stupid.

Even India - a country with virtually the same population as China - and which can’t even give reliable numbers for urban populations ) hint - it’s likely got more citizens than China ) - a vast nation with dreadful health care in most areas - extremely densely populated and totally unable to self isolate large groups - relative to Britain their numbers are tiny too.

Like most things - this is a far more complex issue than most would like
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th January 2021 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We have one of if not the worst mortality rate - on the planet - at bel east according to the reported data, so why would you compare China to the the UK and use that as evidence of anything? We have been worse than Trumps US got heavens sake!

Why..?

I have been pretty clear in suggesting you compare China with its closer neighbours like Taiwan - South Korea or even New bloody Zealand - and you will see that there is nothing extraordinary in the stated numbers.

A kind of - oh well if WE in Britain have lost 100,000 then those dodgy Chinese must surely be lying
    Jingoism.... WE Britain..... worse than Trumps US ...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Jingoism.... WE Britain..... worse than Trumps US ...
    Yes CC - I hope you get the irony.

Why..?

You can compare who you like my opinion is they are telling BS probably to make the population feel they are in control.

We have an idiot running the UK and plenty of idiots who live here I am well aware we are not handling it well at all, combine the two its a deadly combo.

Being honest none of us know the REAL stats so pointless debating as stats can be twisted however you want.

That last sentence is where it is at.

The government extended the Furlough scheme back in December until the end of March. So nothing will be changing until at least then.

Even India - a country with virtually the same population as China - and which can’t even give reliable numbers for urban populations ) hint - it’s likely got more citizens than China ) - a vast nation with dreadful health care in most areas - extremely densely populated and totally unable to self isolate large groups - relative to Britain their numbers are tiny too.

Like most things - this is a far more complex issue than most would like
    It's complex alright, the lab leak hypothesis remains strong imo.

India's deaths per million are over 30 times greater than Chinas.
    Japan's 10 times greater than China.

Most white/western nations seem to have been doing worst, with the black population in these countries playing a role in outcomes as they fare worse again.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The government extended the Furlough scheme back in December until the end of March. So nothing will be changing until at least then.
    Aren't the UK expected to be locked down till July ?
    Meeting a lot more of I'd rather die than keep living under the state's boot type of utterances.
    The Dutch have had enough as have many others across the continent.

One ours "The Tánaiste Leo Varadkar says if the Government introduced mandatory quarantining, it would probably be for a year. The effect of this, he told the Claire Byrne Live programme, would be that summer holidays and seeing relatives next Christmas "would be off the agenda".

Yes CC - I hope you get the irony.
    I think I did, I cracked a smile