Page 28 of 248 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334353878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

The Derby match is off.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The Derby match is off.
    Is it? The Legends game has been called off, the official LFC web page isn't reporting the game being cancelled.

Edit...
    Everton announce squad in self-isolation after a first team player reported symptoms, Man City’s Mendy also in quarantine

Yep. I got an email about the legends game this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. I got an email about the legends game this morning.
    Looks like they have locked down Woodison...

Everton have announced their entire first-team squad are in self-isolation after a first-team player reported coronavirus symptoms.

The Merseyside club have also closed down all their workplaces including their Finch Farm training ground, Goodison Park and its headquarters at the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool City Centre.

“Everton Football Club can confirm that, as a precautionary measure, its entire first-team squad and coaching staff are undertaking a period of self-isolation following medical advice,” read a club statement.

“The step has been taken after a first-team player reported symptoms consistent with coronavirus. The Club is in regular contact with the player in question and is monitoring the wellbeing of all players and staff.

“The health, welfare and safety of all Everton players, staff and stakeholders is the Club’s absolute priority. Therefore, the Club has taken the decision to close down all Everton workplaces including USM Finch Farm, Goodison Park and its headquarters at the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool City Centre. The Club’s retail store at Goodison Park will also close but its Liverpool ONE store is unaffected and will remain open.

“Everton will continue to adhere to UK Government and Public Health guidelines with regards to the closure of its facilities and wellbeing of staff and will be discussing next steps with regards to upcoming fixtures with the Premier League on Friday morning.

“Further updates will be provided in due course, including guidance relating to forthcoming fixtures.”

UEFA competitions all suspended...!

All Uefa competitions, including Champions League and Europa League matches due to be played on 17 and 18 March, have been postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Uefa has announced that the competition draws scheduled for 20 March have also been postponed.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th March 2020 at 11:22 AM.

And there was me (on Sunday) thinking we'd have the league wrapped up on Monday night. This has escalated very quickly.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    And there was me (on Sunday) thinking we'd have the league wrapped up on Monday night. This has escalated very quickly.
    After the other nights disappointment I had the last home game against Chelsea to look forward to. That now looks unlikely .

EPL suspended......

we all know we won it.......

On Friday 13th, Covid-19 put the brakes on our challenge for number 19.

I hate it but accept it grudgingly. As long as we still win it I'll be content. If for any reason we're denied it, I'll be reconsidering my relationship with the beautiful game.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I read somewhere here I think that if the uk used funds to invest from north sea oil like a Norway then many things like education, health and services would be in a better way today.

What did the governments do with the money from privatised national treasures or even ex council houses... how did the invest these monies ?
    They spent all the oil money on dole payments and the police bonuses for Miner's Strike in 80's