Page 51 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know mate - I was just suggesting that IF there is any way to possibly blame them it will surface no matter how tentative that may be.

I am still amazed Russia hasn’t taken the rap for Climate Change...

However - a viewing of Pilger’s “The Coming War On China” is an eye opener and gives much credence to what 19 is alluding to.
    Talking of Climate change, I seen a video of one of the Industrial towns in China. Their factorys have been shut down and the people of the towns have seen blue sky's for the first time in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What about Sky customers? They charge a bloody fortune and I'd be pissed off not having what I paid near £100 a month for.
    £100 a month? You’re getting bummed Ian. Two boxes and all the channels in hd and ultra hd for £53 a month!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSalmon View Post
    Unless you work close to those at the top you will never truly know what is "fact", plus isn't everything in this world subjective? It is a "fact" that we were created by the big bang, but people choose to believe the "fact" that God created the universe we live in.

The key to all these "facts" is understanding that are in actual fact, just your opinion backed up by someone else's opinion. Stop ramming everything down everyone throats and respect a difference in opinion. Have a debate, on an open forum, don't just turn it into the 19x show and his opinion is all that matters in the world. You're part of the reason I have spent 10 years not posting, but thank you for making me finally change that.
    That's interesting, because I took a break from here for almost 4 years myself and barely posted at all from 2015 to the back end of last season, so who were your other reasons for not positng

Facts are things that have firmly established numbers and figures that have been compiled by numerous sources all independently of one another, from the point I made which someone took exception to, I was posting facts and evidence of numerous actual cases and the very well and widely documented number of them, that is not subjective, your 'theory' on that front I'm afraid is like saying our amassing 97 points in last season's Premier League and winning last season's Champions league is subjective
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You know what there's a crazy amount of?

Suicide. No vaccine for that either.

If people would stock up on "hello there!" and "just checking in, are you okay?" instead of loo roll, it's be really great.
    Amen to that

It's crazy that our own Gov is responsible for 130,000 deaths of the sick, disabled, vulnerable and elderly in the last 4 years and people re-elected them and they're going into meltdown over 12 Coronavirus deaths in the same generic of people.

Hmmmm, anyone think that if we were still part of the European parliament the preventative measures would have been far better co-ordinated and stop the spread better? Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Amen to that

It's crazy that our own Gov is responsible for 130,000 deaths of the sick, disabled, vulnerable and elderly in the last 4 years and people re-elected them and they're going into meltdown over 12 Coronavirus deaths in the same generic of people.

Hmmmm, anyone think that if we were still part of the European parliament the preventative measures would have been far better co-ordinated and stop the spread better? Just a thought
    I am wondering if the UK government deliberately does not want to be seen to be following any EU guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    £100 a month? You’re getting bummed Ian. Two boxes and all the channels in hd and ultra hd for £53 a month!!
    I'm paying £53 a year ,so not bothering me but pubs are paying a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm paying £53 a year ,so not bothering me but pubs are paying a fortune.
    Here's a thing I'd be interested to learn everyone's opinion on, isn't the reason for the limit on televised games that it would affect clubs across all league's attendances? If the League's resume but games are played behind closed doors, can't they just televise all of the remaining games as that obviously isn't an issue in that scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Here's a thing I'd be interested to learn everyone's opinion on, isn't the reason for the limit on televised games that it would affect clubs across all league's attendances? If the League's resume but games are played behind closed doors, can't they just televise all of the remaining games as that obviously isn't an issue in that scenario?
    Good point. 3pm league game kickoffs on TV on Saturday. Never seen that in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    British government have announced plans to isolate the over 70s to shield them from the virus...

...now just step this way dear...
    This is expected to be for a period of up to 4 months...

...which means no premier league football until then

... not without Uncle Roy Hodgson

Just thinking about it, when UEFA meet on Thursday, they of course have to decide not only happens to this season but how they prepare for next season. If you take the Champions League and Eurpoa League, how on earth can they allocate places for those competitions for the 2020/21 season, if the 19/20 season is declared null and void? Would they just enter the teams who qualified from the 18/19 season? That would mean Spurs going through to the CL next year while being utterly shite and currently 12 points behind Leicester who wouldn't qualify under this scenario. How on earth would that be fair or credible?
    Surely, if the games can't be finished in the big leagues across Europe, the one thing they CAN'T do is null and void the season. That may solve a domestic problem but it creates huge problems for the European-wide game. Which I cannot see UEFA accepting - nor should they