Page 53 of 248 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Personally I'm not sending the kids to school from tomorrow.......What's the point? It's going to happen eventually.....and luckily I work from home.......
    I don't blame you at all mate, I think everyone should minimise the potential risks as they see fit, I personally can't believe people are still going out pubbing and clubbing and to restaurants
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Good to hear mate.
    Out of curiosity, what age are you and are you a smoker ?
    I am 49. I smoke a roll-up once a day most of the time. I'm actually an expert in health so my smoking is sort of experimental in that context.

The symptoms I didn't mention were the fever, which was not very strong, and the sore throat, which was unlike anything I've experienced. My whole neck and throat / oesophagus / trachea was aching for about five days. Paracetamol took the edge off that. My glands weren't swollen but it felt like they should be.

the cough was dry and relentless. All symptoms worse at night. My ribs and intercostals were aching and that intensified towards the end, around day 7 I suppose. I started waking up with coughing fits. The crushing chest pains came right at the end - say day 7 thru day 11 and only a little left today. It feels like the virus has done some damage to the organs in the thorax. It remains to be seen how permanent that is.

I had been preparing and stockpiling some Chinese herbal formulas to distribute to people with pneumonia, which is the thing that seems to kill people, but so far I am the only one who has had to take them. Although I didn't develop pneumonia, they really helped me to sooth the coughing fits and allowed me to get back to sleep again.

I think vitamin C is a good preventative. I have also got hold of some chaga mushroom powder, both of which seem to have anti-viral capacity. But I can't vouch for them as I wasn't taking them before I contracted the disease. I also have some other formulations which are less commonly available which I have been distributing (and which I am more certain of).
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

You have to hand it to the Germans and their efficiency, I can't fault their action on this

https://www.ft.com/content/22d8a8e9-aa6f-3740-9d61-a96816628dff

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Any victories I have accrued in the bitter arguments held here for the last 12 months have been declared null and void. I blame the FA.
    Yeah, all two of them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You have to hand it to the Germans and their efficiency, I can't fault their action on this

https://www.ft.com/content/22d8a8e9-aa6f-3740-9d61-a96816628dff
    Ze Jerries aren't fucking around. Schools over here are shut for three (?) weeks + the Easter vacation right afterwards. They're reportedly testing a lot more than other nations, which contributes to the surprisingly low death rate over here. Seems like almost anyone who can work from home has been sent home.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, all two of them.
    As long as you consider me to be the champion, Balinkay, I will die happy
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

You cant null and void a season where 29 games have been played and some league 34 games.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Ze Jerries aren't fucking around. Schools over here are shut for three (?) weeks + the Easter vacation right afterwards. They're reportedly testing a lot more than other nations, which contributes to the surprisingly low death rate over here. Seems like almost anyone who can work from home has been sent home.
    They certainly aren't, really good to see some Nations are treating it seriously, they've closed their border to Austria and France on top of all those other measures, closed nightclubs, pubs, leisure centres and swimming pools too

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You cant null and void a season where 29 games have been played and some league 34 games.
    Sadly I think they are going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Someone definitely agrees with you, it is a sad state of affairs, but with millions at stake for those involved, not surprising, I disagree with the author of the article slightly, as I think it's only a handful of clubs at most, maybe even as few as 2 who are desperate for us not to be awarded the title, the others are just trying to look after their own interests

I find it hard to disagree with the author, that as over 3 quarters of the games have been played, that if no further football is to be played freezing the current standings and declaring Champions, European and relegation places based on that is the most sensible action.

Also just read that in more recent times the only 2 modern precedents that could be followed are the Chilean league and the former Yugoslavian league ending prematurely in 1999, in both case the side leading at the time of postponement was awarded the title and their leads were nowhere near as huge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8112685/OLIVER-HOLT-void-season-absurd-idea-peddled-weaponise-pandemic.html
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th March 2020 at 06:55 PM.