Page 54 of 248 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Sadly I think they are going to try.
    I hope the likes of Leicester ,Leeds westbrom etc take the FA to court then.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I suspect the main reason that Japan is united is that their society is almost completely homogeneous with 98% of their citizens being ethnic Japanese.

I was lucky enough to visit in 2018 and I hope you get there one day Noods. Great people, food, scenery and history.
    Cheers RDU. Alas I've only left the city in which I live once in about 15 years and I doubt I'll be leaving it again. I can barely get to hospitals in my city (though not without severe repercussions), so I can't see me visiting a country thousands of miles away, well not unless someone invents a transporter in the next couple of years, if not sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    My packages Ran out and I noticed my bill had gone from 88 to 120.....when I phoned they said the next bill would be more like 160.......but I could renegotiate my discounts.

After an hour on the phone the next day I'd got them down to 110 and the geeza wouldn't budge......

So I though fuc u and cancelled...

Couple of days later someone phoned me from the cancellation team...

I've now been upgraded to two sky q boxes.....and Netflix no install and the cheeky fuckers said there had been price changes the day after I spoke to them and now my bill is 74 quid a month for 18 months....

Nowadays you have to fight for every fukin penny!
    Another example of the most vulnerable/least able being screwed over. Can you imagine someone elderly or those with mental health problems going through all that to try and save a few quid?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    As long as you consider me to be the champion, Balinkay, I will die happy
    I do mate! Especially considering what you've been through the past week or two.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

To be honest, I think the handling of things by UEFA and the Premier League and clubs and some players themselves has been a complete and utter shambles The amount of self isolated footballers and those tested positive is incredibly disproportionate to the infection rate across the entire population
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    To be honest, I think the handling of things by UEFA and the Premier League and clubs and some players themselves has been a complete and utter shambles The amount of self isolated footballers and those tested positive is incredibly disproportionate to the infection rate across the entire population
    That's because us mere mortals can't get tested unless were actually in a hospital bed. Seems footballers and probably the rich are exempt from these rules.

There's probably thousands more infected than official figures suggest in the UK alone.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I've actually had the disease, as it turns out. Today is day 12 for me in terms of symptoms. I had originally dismissed the idea as I presumed I was too early, but the symptoms were so severe and they matched, so I suspected it more and more as I went along. Then I spoke to a colleague who works in the NHS and she said the doctors and surgeons have been telling her it's two weeks ahead of the schedule outlined in the govt press release the other day. That means it widespread already.

Strangely though, I'm the only person I know who's had it. None of my contacts have thus far caught it from me - although carrying it is a possibility.

The cough was really intense and painful but the last few days have felt like I was having a heart attack, coming in waves in the evening, and since it has been easing today and yesterday, it just feels like waves of angina. I did think I could die of a heart attack overnight, but it seems less likely now. I'm 49 and in very good health.

The whole picture is looking quite surreal now. My opinion is that the economic effects of this shut down are potentially catastrophic and could lead to widespread civil unrest. My commitment is to act with peace towards others, no matter how selfishly they are behaving.

Best wishes to all of you on here. Be good to each other!
    Wow, so sorry to hear you've been affected. I wish you a rapid and full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You know what there's a crazy amount of?

Suicide. No vaccine for that either.

If people would stock up on "hello there!" and "just checking in, are you okay?" instead of loo roll, it's be really great.
    Hi Sid ; how are you?

And no I'm not taling the piss mate
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Cheers RDU. Alas I've only left the city in which I live once in about 15 years and I doubt I'll be leaving it again. I can barely get to hospitals in my city (though not without severe repercussions), so I can't see me visiting a country thousands of miles away, well not unless someone invents a transporter in the next couple of years, if not sooner.
    Was that time ... I know about ?
    Friggin Fulham ffs grr

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Someone definitely agrees with you, it is a sad state of affairs, but with millions at stake for those involved, not surprising, I disagree with the author of the article slightly, as I think it's only a handful of clubs at most, maybe even as few as 2 who are desperate for us not to be awarded the title, the others are just trying to look after their own interests

I find it hard to disagree with the author, that as over 3 quarters of the games have been played, that if no further football is to be played freezing the current standings and declaring Champions, European and relegation places based on that is the most sensible action.

Also just read that in more recent times the only 2 modern precedents that could be followed are the Chilean league and the former Yugoslavian league ending prematurely in 1999, in both case the side leading at the time of postponement was awarded the title and their leads were nowhere near as huge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8112685/OLIVER-HOLT-void-season-absurd-idea-peddled-weaponise-pandemic.html
    Makes sense
    As I said yesterday
    Give to the 30 June
    ( Players under contract til then)
    Then the season is over the 30 June
    Holidays 2 - 3 weeks back mid to training mid / end July
    Limit travel
    And new season starts
    Ban international games

European football IDK ...?