Page 57 of 248 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Whatever happens to the rest of this season, I think the Premier League need to put a rule for the future moving forward

I think it should be clear and simple

In the event that there is a necessity for the Premier League to be cancelled for any reason during a season, if over two thirds of the campaign has been completed, the table as it stands will be frozen and all placed determined on the standings at that time.

In the event less than two thirds of the season have been completed, the season and any results to that point will be cancelled and declared null and void and positions for European qualification for the next season will revert to those at the end of the prior season

Pretty straight forward
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I am being more cynical than you 19x.
    The resources are too scarce to monitor the premier league especially and rightly so.
    But with that in mnd I think with the money involved it may be tactically astute to try and avoid a potentially difficult fixture i.e. with regard to a heavy defeat/goal diiference etc., and then hope the league gets to be final positions apply.
    Last edited by scientificred; 16th March 2020 at 05:26 PM. Reason: addition to final line

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I am being more cynical than you 19x.
    The resources are too scarce to monitor the premier league especially and rightly so.
    But with that in mnd I think with the money involved it may be tactically astute to try and avoid a potentially difficult fixture i.e. with regard to a heavy defeat/goal diiference etc., and then hope the league gets to be final positions apply.
    I think we're being equally cynical, I think if the Premier League applied the Chile precedent as they have talked about doing, it absolutely suits Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich for the season not to be competed, it also suits Leeds and West Brom
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

one thing you cant do is cancel all the leagues next season. half the teams in the professional leagues will go bankrupt without gate revenue.
    You cant deny us the league or Leicester top 4. You cant deny teams from the championship like Leeds and West-brom to be promoted.
    The only solution (to me) is to somehow finish this season how ever long it takes. Even if that means delaying next season. starting in October if needs be..and finishing next season in June, Get rid of the euros all together.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just switched ssn on and off.. That twat was saying we should be denied the league. Bias little shit bag.

Which one Justme?, Sky's full of them.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Dharmesh Sheth

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Dharmesh Sheth
    Ignore the prick.

Lets face it we along with Man Utd might turn nasty yet with a threat of a European super league if they dont do the sporting thing which everyone knows is right.

Ah yes, the on the phone during the transfer window Jim White wanna be. He knows f*ck all, just like the majority of idiots on there.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Sky are bricking it not only a football stand point but a boxing PPVs as well.

They really are dumb to be carrying on the way they are hopefully they crash and burn soon.