Page 58 of 248 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Ignore the prick.

Lets face it we along with Man Utd might turn nasty yet with a threat of a European super league if they dont do the sporting thing which everyone knows is right.
    Yeah
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    one thing you cant do is cancel all the leagues next season. half the teams in the professional leagues will go bankrupt without gate revenue.
    You cant deny us the league or Leicester top 4. You cant deny teams from the championship like Leeds and West-brom to be promoted.
    The only solution (to me) is to somehow finish this season how ever long it takes. Even if that means delaying next season. starting in October if needs be..and finishing next season in June, Get rid of the euros all together.
    One of the solutions the Premier League is said to have proposed in the event the season can't be completed is the Chile precedent

Under that we will be Champions, UAE FC, Leicester and Chelsea in the Champions League, no teams will be relegated and Leeds and West Brom will be promoted with the League Cup postponed next season

The only team likely to strongly object to that are the filthy as they will argue they could have got fourth otherwise, Wolves and Sheffield UTD might not be agreeable either. You can't please everyone though if the league can't be continued and the Chile precedent seems the best and fairest solution in that event
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Precedents are always useful in a case of law.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Precedents are always useful in a case of law.
    That's why I mention them, they are effectively the same as or the next best thing to case law in the absence of any.

Those harping on about cancellation for World wars don't have relevant precedents, no games were played for WW1 cancellation and only 3 games were played prior to WW2 cancellations and UEFA who intervened to crown Partizan Yugoslav champions after their season was halted with 24 of 34 games played due to NATO bombing and whose umbrella all European Leagues now fall under wasn't even formed then, it was formed in 1954

If it got legal at any stage, the precedents for our being crowned Champions and no teams being relegated are very compelling obvious and the WW1 and WW2 precedents are entirely moot.

Football is now a global game governed by FIFA and UEFA

Both precedents are from League seasons that had been played over 2 thirds of the way through, ours has been played just over 3 quarters through.

If we wanted or needed to take the issue to court or the teams currently occupying Champions League positions or relegation threatened clubs wanted or needed to, I'm certain that all would win their cases because of the relevant compelling precedents
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Would it not be possible to postpone the Euros and play them at the same time as the Africa Cup of Nations (Jan 2021). Assuming the ACoN qualifiers can be completed, it'd make sense to have these at the same time.
    That would make so much sense. Hopefully it happens as it would suit all clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Another example of the most vulnerable/least able being screwed over. Can you imagine someone elderly or those with mental health problems going through all that to try and save a few quid?
    I got quite severe depression ......i have to summon up the courage over a few days before i can actually deal with making the call as i know the rest of my day will be ruined.......

I actually just got a massive rfund from EE and a promise that they would put some retraining in for the customer services reps.....

At the beginning of each call i explain that i suffer from the depression and apologise in advance that it can make me Irate .......but still end up screaminng down the phone by the end of the convo

The woman who investigated the case said on one of the calls she listened to she had to put the phone down after 49 secs because of how the guy was speaking to me.....

But it is the company's fault mostly because these people should be trained better.

The one thing i've learned though....if you know you are right and fight all the way to the end they will always come back with some kind of refund or compensation payment!

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Which one Justme?, Sky's full of them.
    to be fair we do normally seem to have a lot of "pundits" on our side ��

Just saw the debate with darmeth ....and the bird presenter had the best answer.....just go back to the point where everybody had played the same number of games and thats where the table stands........or play the games in hand behind closed doors!
    Last edited by shminkyred; 16th March 2020 at 07:29 PM.

by the way.....Wasn't Sunday Crap...lol

But the tide seems to be swaying towards null and void!

52% of the SSN poll are voting null and void...surprise surprise!!!

I see Mason Mount has been pictured having a kick about with Declan Rice during his 14 self isolation. Having listened to youngsters at my local gym and another club I go to it's clear as day they don't give a fuck about spreading it. As long as it can't hurt them, they don't care who else gets it.
    Could you imagine if this was the opposite way around and only people under 30 were dying?, we'd have martial law here and the little shits would be bricking it, peeking out from behind their mum's net curtains, scared that little Doris from number 30 might give it to them on her way to bingo.

I've got no faith left in this 'me, me, me' society we live in today............or is it just us miserable southerners that have to deal with this shit?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I see Mason Mount has been pictured having a kick about with Declan Rice during his 14 self isolation. Having listened to youngsters at my local gym and another club I go to it's clear as day they don't give a fuck about spreading it. As long as it can't hurt them, they don't care who else gets it.
    Could you imagine if this was the opposite way around and only people under 30 were dying?, we'd have martial law here and the little shits would be bricking it, peeking out from behind their mum's net curtains, scared that little Doris from number 30 might give it to them on her way to bingo.

I've got no faith left in this 'me, me, me' society we live in today............or is it just us miserable southerners that have to deal with this shit?
    quite nice to see he was caught out playing football though????? and not out clubbing down Stringfellows with some quality Arse stuck in his face.....lolol