Page 85 of 248 FirstFirst ... 357578798081828384858687888990919295135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Plenty of people evacuating cities and taking off to rural areas, putting pressure on local services and clearing out the food shops. Stupidity seems more contagious than the virus so far.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I hadn't seen these articles before. Frigging hell, some people are just unbelievable.
    You're right, these selfish, unthinking scum are everywhere.
    I fear for this planet.
    They're a product of 40 years of Toryism, they adopted this "I'm alright Jack look after No1" attitude from the US and cultivated it and nurtured it and grew it, it's rife in all our media, not just news media, in films, in series etc etc etc because this kind of attitude let's our Gov the US Gov and others do exactly as they please, and as long as it isn't affecting them.

These people who've grown up with this attitude are absolutely perfect for the society they deliberately devolved for their own greedy purposes, they all continue to get a lot richer, middle earners upwards and far too many low to middle earners are too busy looking out for themselves to give a fuck about the affects electing these Govs has on broader society.

The UK is largely populated by complete and utter pricks, when I toured the world for 16 years the English were pretty much despised everywhere I went, in the rest of Europe especially, with good reason, except the US and japan because they "love the accent", but to most, we were the nationals who disrespected their country, their laws, their culture, littered their beaches, brought our loutish excessive booze culture with us, acted like we owned the planet, wrecked their once local areas of beauty and turned them into little Ingerland away from home for all the fucking knobs
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd March 2020 at 12:27 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Plenty of people evacuating cities and taking off to rural areas, putting pressure on local services and clearing out the food shops. Stupidity seems more contagious than the virus so far.
    Entitled, "I'm alright Jack fuck you" selfishness, please Stevie
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd March 2020 at 12:32 AM.

Football back when?

We now are coming into the next 3 weeks of HELL in the uk...

Maybe the levels of Italy ..

People not staying at home.
    NHS lack of resources.

It's going to be a catastrophe.

I hope the other side will be reached mid April 🙏

Who knows ...

Perhaps if possible , if correct in terms of sensitivity , then football may start again in May .

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Football back when?

NHS lack of resources.

I hope the other side will be reached mid April ��

Who knows ...

Perhaps if possible , if correct in terms of sensitivity , then football may start again in May .
    No idea Dicko, our NHS won't cope at all if there are thousands of cases because we don't have the equipment and we're starting 20,000 beds, 30,000 nurses and 7,000 doctors short of what we need without the Coronavirus because idiots keep voting Tory

It really pisses me off, long and short of it is, it has been the complete devolution and destruction of the UK out of sheer greed and there's no need for it, they could still make more than enough money, more than they could ever spend without robbing the UK public purse. The incredible surge in mental illness is because they've created a hostile environment that millions of people have no hope of escaping, the UKs production gets slaughtered, but it's unproductive because people need to be able to see a way out and a way forward to have hopes, dreams and aspiration, if they have those things, they're more productive

Banks, credit and financing debt.
    Through the late 90s to near enough present.

People are slaves to a system.
    Obliged to work for whatever they can get. Many hours. Many pressures. Must have consumerism.

But to your point the NHS ; I wonder how things will be seen when we get through the other side.

Surely all those uk billionaires living or 'working' in the uk could lose 1 billion and donate to the NHS...

Just a thought

Football back when?

NHS lack of resources.

I hope the other side will be reached mid April 🙏

Who knows ...

Yep. The worst is yet to come. Without question. Maybe not Italy and Spain levels but certainly very bad.
    One interesting thing. This is obviously worldwide so has got a lot more attention but at this current point the death toll isnt even scratching the surface of the 2010 swine flu numbers. 200,000 people died in that epidemic but was more localised and obviously didn't matter a fuck to the western media.

Banks, credit and financing debt.
    Through the late 90s to near enough present.

People are slaves to a system.
    Obliged to work for whatever they can get. Many hours. Many pressures. Must have consumerism.

But to your point the NHS ; I wonder how things will be seen when we get through the other side.

Surely all those uk billionaires living or 'working' in the uk could lose 1 billion and donate to the NHS...

Just a thought
    It's a nice thought Dicko but Billionaires dont become billionaires by giving money away.
    Would be nice to think everyone's moral and economical compass gets recalibrate after this. It wont though. As soon as the chance comes it'll be carry on regardless as if nothing ever happened.

Theres been plenty of social media nuggets throwing out the "Boris is keeping us going" line or similar, the wetherspoons brexit squad. Not much about how the NHS is under unbearable strain due to a decade of cuts and bad management.

Neymar and Thiago Silva have flown back to Brazil.

I watched the Diego Maradona movie last night. It was on C4. I never knew Ciro Ferrara was in that great Napoli team. Good movie, some boy Diego. What a life, Rock n Roll footballer.