Page 607 of 659 FirstFirst ... 107507557597600601602603604605606607608609610611612613614617657 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Sooo he’s not coming to Anfield then …

Arsenal are considering using 26-year-old France full-back Hector Bellerin as a potential makeweight in a deal for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, 23, with Tottenham also in the running for the Argentine should they sell England captain Harry Kane, 28. (Athletic - subscription required)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sooo he’s not coming to Anfield then …

Arsenal are considering using 26-year-old France full-back Hector Bellerin as a potential makeweight in a deal for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, 23, with Tottenham also in the running for the Argentine should they sell England captain Harry Kane, 28. (Athletic - subscription required)
    Who needs Fabrizio Romano when we've got Miller !!

This has to be one of the most depressing transfer windows as a Liverpool fan in recent history that I can remember.....

....since last summer, that is.

Literally every one of our rivals has gotten stronger and better and gone out and paid what's necessary (even above the odds and market rate if needs be) to ensure they're challenging next season.
    Even the teams we pipped to the Champions League spot (including the one that won it) are all going out and buying.

Meanwhile,....
    We're relying on that trusty old method that's served us so well in the past......

We're getting players back from the injury list - many of whom couldn't even keep themselves healthy for a full season...- and as we've been told many times before, it's like new signings.

38-win season and #20, here we come!!!!!!

(insert hard eyeroll here)

With any luck (or bad luck....more likely,... high probability), we'll lose a couple of players to injury (....again) just before the transfer window closes, forcing the club into yet more panic buys for players (on loan) whom we won't even see play for the team for the most part as Klopp is forced to stick square pegs in round holes and play players out of position leading them to getting injuries.

Roll around January transfer window, and we'll play the song once again.

I'm going to get a pint.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This has to be one of the most depressing transfer windows as a Liverpool fan in recent history that I can remember.....
    Well, there was the 19/20 season.

Only significant transfers for the first team were a goalkeeping reject from West Ham on a free transfer and a £7m Japanese player whose release clause we knew.

That was a lot less investment. In a pre-pandemic World. Fans were absolutely livid about it. I'd call that a worse window.

So naturally we did what all sides that have a poor window do and we won the League.

In all seriousness, let's see how the window pans out, then let's see how the season pans out.

Maybe we don't spend and have a disastrous season. Maybe we get someone in last-minute as clubs (particularly in France) absolutely brick themselves as they need money coming in and we get a bargain.

I'd love a midfielder and a forward, personally. We might get them, we might not - I'd lean towards the latter, which is admittedly frustrating.

But we can trust Klopp, can trust the strength-of-will of this group of players and we can trust that they'll be buoyed by having fans in the stadium who will be baying for victories having been unable to properly thank the team for the League win.

City and Chelsea will always invest as they are Oil-run, sports-washing twazzocks who have ruined the market for everyone else. As for Man United, I think Sancho is a good signing (but they needed a centre forward more for me) and I have my question marks over Varane, who I think will be "very good" but nothing like as transformative as Van Dijk was for us.

We may have had a low points total (by our standards) last season, but some of the sides that are investing big are doing so to catch up to the points total set by ourselves and City - mid-90s and higher, which wasn't the norm for years.

My advice would be don't despair. We have a side that will be hungry to prove that they're very competitive after a season where every imaginable problem was thrown at them. People fret about what can go wrong and they're allowed to - but it only takes a couple of things to go our way too for us to have a fun season.

There will be counter-attacking goals, fluidly worked tap-ins and top corner Worldies to enjoy and we still have one of the World's best football teams - don't torture yourself needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    But they still make massive errors. so nothings really changed.
    Before VAR mistakes were made because things were missed........ but now its all down to how we all interpret the rules... ..
    I dont agree i should have got such a huge fine for a speeding ticket ...but the magistrate had a very different interpretation of the rules to me...lolol

What happened to all the ITKs?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What happened to all the ITKs?
    There’s nothing to know at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, there was the 19/20 season.

Only significant transfers for the first team were a goalkeeping reject from West Ham on a free transfer and a £7m Japanese player whose release clause we knew.

That was a lot less investment. In a pre-pandemic World. Fans were absolutely livid about it. I'd call that a worse window.

So naturally we did what all sides that have a poor window do and we won the League.

In all seriousness, let's see how the window pans out, then let's see how the season pans out.

Maybe we don't spend and have a disastrous season. Maybe we get someone in last-minute as clubs (particularly in France) absolutely brick themselves as they need money coming in and we get a bargain.

I'd love a midfielder and a forward, personally. We might get them, we might not - I'd lean towards the latter, which is admittedly frustrating.

But we can trust Klopp, can trust the strength-of-will of this group of players and we can trust that they'll be buoyed by having fans in the stadium who will be baying for victories having been unable to properly thank the team for the League win.

City and Chelsea will always invest as they are Oil-run, sports-washing twazzocks who have ruined the market for everyone else. As for Man United, I think Sancho is a good signing (but they needed a centre forward more for me) and I have my question marks over Varane, who I think will be "very good" but nothing like as transformative as Van Dijk was for us.

We may have had a low points total (by our standards) last season, but some of the sides that are investing big are doing so to catch up to the points total set by ourselves and City - mid-90s and higher, which wasn't the norm for years.

My advice would be don't despair. We have a side that will be hungry to prove that they're very competitive after a season where every imaginable problem was thrown at them. People fret about what can go wrong and they're allowed to - but it only takes a couple of things to go our way too for us to have a fun season.

There will be counter-attacking goals, fluidly worked tap-ins and top corner Worldies to enjoy and we still have one of the World's best football teams - don't torture yourself needlessly.
    Tbh even if everyone somehow stays fit and keita turns into prime kaka and we somehow win the league I still think they should be doing more to get this squad stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Before VAR mistakes were made because things were missed........ but now its all down to how we all interpret the rules... ..
    I dont agree i should have got such a huge fine for a speeding ticket ...but the magistrate had a very different interpretation of the rules to me...lolol
    You were going to fast to see the speed cameras?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century