Page 619 of 659 FirstFirst ... 119519569609612613614615616617618619620621622623624625626629 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Difficult one with Origi, no one knows how good he could be with a full season of starts under his belt. Scored some very good and important goals for us over the years.
    Yes, our rumoured £20m asking price could be a bargain, I'd expect him to do well at the right club.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jeez yeah go you huyrob.
    I am Spartacus.. thank fuck only 8 to go and I’m back to lurking for another 13 years… I’ll say my farewells now to you all, so as not to waste a post. If I’ve offended, apologies, if I haven’t I’ll put it right in my remaining posts. Enjoy the new season, especially “ Justme” no hard feelings. YNWA RIP 97.

Same to you SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Yes, our rumoured £20m asking price could be a bargain, I'd expect him to do well at the right club.
    Interesting with Divock as his 157 games don't tell the full story. He's only played 6,350 mins, which works out at about 70-71 full games.

So 35 goals in 70-71 games is a good rate. But if he played in 38 League games for us (playing full matches) would we back him to get 19 goals? Or indeed get 19 goals at another club? That's the proverbial "million dollar" question.

Hee hee I’m 65 years of age . I assume by SR you refer to another poster, Scientific red.?
    I think I have made my identity pretty clear to those who accept honesty, can’t really understand the logic why you would think I am posting under a pseudonym. No need to , I haven’t been banned and still post under my original name….check it out with the mods….
    I wonder are you an antivaxer or conspiracy theorist , just generally untrusting, flat earth man, or just a knob ?
    Any way you’ve taken away one of my remaining posts. Lol
    Last edited by huyrob; 3rd August 2021 at 11:03 PM. Reason: To be more kind to a knob

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    We did actually, Ian. Why can’t that be acknowledged?

We had a really bad injury crisis in a season where the stadiums were empty. Is it not possible that those things are hard to plan for in a faultless manner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We got a Greek international as cover/rotation for Robertson and thus strengthened the defensive set-up.

We acquired a midfielder who has been part of Barcelona and Bayern Munich squads and thus strengthened the midfield set-up.

We acquired a Portuguese forward who partnered Ronaldo at the last Euro tournament there and thus strengthened our attacking set-up.

I know the injury crisis was a nightmare and some might have wanted "more" but to say we didn't strengthen is simply incorrect.
    I was thinking more about the winter transfer window were we went into the new year top of the league with major injuries and we never strengthened. We pissed about with midfielders at centrehalf and signed a couple of young defenders but ended up relying on a couple of reserve players to get us over the line.
    We were very lucky to get champions league .

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Hee hee I’m 65 years of age . I assume by SR you refer to another poster, Scientific red.?
    I think I have made my identity pretty clear to those who accept honesty, can’t really understand the logic why you would think I am posting under a pseudonym. No need to , I haven’t been banned and still post under my original name….check it out with the mods….
    I wonder are you an antivaxer or conspiracy theorist , just generally untrusting, flat earth man, or just a knob ?
    Any way you’ve taken away one of my remaining posts. Lol
    Thank you for the important information, sex and location?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting with Divock as his 157 games don't tell the full story. He's only played 6,350 mins, which works out at about 70-71 full games.

So 35 goals in 70-71 games is a good rate. But if he played in 38 League games for us (playing full matches) would we back him to get 19 goals? Or indeed get 19 goals at another club? That's the proverbial "million dollar" question.
    Depends if he walks around half arsed or not, his attitude stinks and didn't help himself with the chances he did get.

If Wolves were to come back and offer £15 million for Origi I would take it. Realistically even £10 million is a bonus for a guy that played 180 minutes in the league last season

Agree, anything over £10m I’d accept. We’d certainly need another forward though.