Page 343 of 659 FirstFirst ... 243293333336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Is Schurrs comanding though his stats show he isnt in the air anyway.

Kabak is being unfairly judged by some his aerial stats are good and he does have a good leap on him.

Where Schurrs has the edge is he has more pace which is useful when playing a high line.

I think 19 you under rate Gomez he isnt as good as VVD/Matip in the air but he is a very good CB and he has skillsets that most around the world dont have plus he is only 23....the main concern is the injuries.

We need a striker this season obviously not a lump like Benteke/Carroll/Lambert but someone who has abit of pace as well.

Other than the obvious two there is Silva at Frankfurt but looking closer to home Abraham could work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Neto, Schuurs and Ruiz will do the trick for me, really need a second commanding centre back, we have one in Matip who is absolutely superb when fit, but sadly never fit for long enough, Gomez, Kabak really aren't what we need, they aren't good enough aerially or in one v ones or in their distribution for me

With the ability we have at delivery on set pieces having 2 huge aerial threats from our CB's and being able to analyse how sides try to defend that first half and exploiting it second half finding one of the players of lesser stature quite a number of times to score, the big lads threat occupying several opposition defenders always worked really well for us the last 2 seasons and we've really missed that and of course the goals the 2 commanding CBs will score from set pieces also

Not having any real aerial threat for so many games this season to do all those things this season has been an absolute disaster, we scored quite a number of breakthrough goals from set pieces in the last 2 seasons through Virgil and Matip or as described
    It's a white hole sir...

So what is it.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    It's a white hole sir...

So what is it.
    Ohhh someone punch him out!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Is Schurrs comanding though his stats show he isnt in the air anyway.

Kabak is being unfairly judged by some his aerial stats are good and he does have a good leap on him.

Where Schurrs has the edge is he has more pace which is useful when playing a high line.

I think 19 you under rate Gomez he isnt as good as VVD/Matip in the air but he is a very good CB and he has skillsets that most around the world dont have plus he is only 23....the main concern is the injuries.

We need a striker this season obviously not a lump like Benteke/Carroll/Lambert but someone who has abit of pace as well.

Other than the obvious two there is Silva at Frankfurt but looking closer to home Abraham could work for us.
    Gomez is poor in the air, was beginning to be targeted for this by opposition sides searching for a chink in our armour and he's just not a good defender, put him in a foot race to a ball knocked into an area and he's great, but put him in a situation where the opposition have good possession in our half and there is actual real defending to do, reading what's on taking great positions and he's an outright liability.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez is fine in the air. hes not the best on the floor and tends to man watch rather than watch the ball. But also hes been excellent at times as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota's our striker and give Gini a new 3 year deal ffs if that's what he wants, we pay enough in wages to sick notes who barely play, being tight with an exceptional player with an exceptional availability record is an absolute nonsense
    I see Gini has a handshake agreement with Inter Milan CEO Guiseppi Marotta now obviously he wants out.
    Last edited by fagin; 3rd March 2021 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Gomez is fine in the air. hes not the best on the floor and tends to man watch rather than watch the ball. But also hes been excellent at times as well.
    Matip is a far superior defender to Gomez in every single department, Joe desperately lacks experience of real defending and he'll never get that in a side pressing and counter pressing as we do at our best, no way we'd have landed No6 with Gomez partnering Virgil in the latter stages
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I see Gini has a handshake agreement with Inter Milan CEO Guiseppi Marotta now obviously he wants out.
    I thought Inter were broke? Damn shame if true...
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

gini is in competition for thiago for that role so what he wants wages and length wise, we can’t justify. he holds the ball way too long for our transitions which nullifies thiago’s skillset. it’s like having two number 9’s who both want to occupy the box.

all about balance.

plus paying a guy with no resale value at 30+ years of age to sit on the bench is not how we roll.

milner is different as he does a lot of stuff with the infrastructure.

we are looking at a more dynamic cm. younger, full of energy who can help break the opposition anti-football dogshit shape, like sean ( i play lookalike games in the pub??!!) dickhead and carlo twatiffico etc.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Gomez is actually pretty poor in the air statistically. He's never won more than 59% of headers in a league season. A good 3rd choice option but need a better partner for Van Dijk