Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Nag Phillips may not be a diamond or an unpolished gem but he is definitely a huge lump of glistening coal.
    He's more into lumps of sugar and is very good over the jumps.

I'd rather keep him for now, who knows how VVD & Gomez will be like when they're back

Then you have the ever reliable Matip

we've signed that new lad yes- but you don't know how he'll be. not to mention if FSG have there way Gomez may have to fill in at RB at times anyway, leaving us a CB down

At least another season.- same with Davies who the ufck knows about him?? the fact he didn't get a look in whatsoever says a lot to me, he's not good enough.- I mean we're not fighting for a europa spot ffs or a bot half side

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I think we need to keep hold of Nat and give him sufficient game time
    Van Dijk
    Konate
    Matip
    Gomez
    Davies
    R. Williams

I know there's always the possibility of another frustrating season on the injury front, but if things work out not-too-bad on the injury front, his match time has the potential to be very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Van Dijk
    Konate
    Matip
    Gomez
    Davies
    R. Williams

I know there's always the possibility of another frustrating season on the injury front, but if things work out not-too-bad on the injury front, his match time has the potential to be very limited.
    We don't know how Konate will do yet, he could be a flop, I hope not but you just don't know.

Matip and Gomez never fit for long enough, Davies not played a game yet. All the more reason for hanging on to Philips.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We don't know how Konate will do yet, he could be a flop, I hope not but you just don't know.

Here’s hoping he is far better and more reliable than the flops those Red Bullocks Flogged us before.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd June 2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It could happen, of course. Always have to entertain the possibility.

Just saying we have 6 options, before mentioning the please-God-we-don't-have-to emergency option of Fabinho.

So you could potentially be keeping Phillips for the sake of 4 appearances or something.

R. Williams should be out on loan too, if you think we should sell phillips for his own sake.

Emergency fab to CB, yeah we'll probably be short in midfield too.... as the midfield doesn't exactly have a great record

Sid. Williams is clearly not an option. Not a viable one. Can’t see any other Premier league side playing him at CB. We have all seen the lad play - mostly through our fingers. Matip is simply never fit and Gomez….well we have been here before haven’t we…twice..

Fabinho was shown to be a disaster - the double whammy effect of losing him from the middle and playing him at CB..

Any team could say it’s an option… I guess I could be an option. The point is IS the option viable…? For a team that intends to win anything?

I won’t even talk about Davies as the lad wasn’t deemed good enough over Williams…..!

Amazed you think like you do sid for a few million in FSG's coffers after last season.