Page 611 of 659 FirstFirst ... 111511561601604605606607608609610611612613614615616617618621 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    @justme

He is an even worse pundit than he was player and that’s saying summat.
    He’s just a bald Adrian Durham
    Adrian Durham says all kinda shit . to get a reaction..he has the intelligence of a flea
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If they sign Grealish and Kane I'll be expecting Neville and Carragher to be kicking up a similar stink akin to the toys out of pram debacle they had over the ESL. If we are talking about fair play then City aren't in the conversation and it needs to be talked about.
    Wouldnt hold your breath mate !

They've never complained before so they not start now all that ESL was about to Neville was Glazer spend big.

Varane/Sancho for £120-130m and you still have Rio saying spend more please.

The real problem at United hasnt been the spending and never has been its the managers appointed since Ferguson left.

Of course they will say "Ole is doing a good job" but they wont say in two years he has spent £400m and won sweet fa.

Totally dead on here, says it all about the lack of transfer news.. Can't believe we are not even going to replace Wijnaldum.
    Crazy crap going on at our club.

I'll wait until the transfer window is SLAMMED shut, before making judgement on the owners. But they do seem to be miserable fuckers when it comes to big money signing.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Can't believe we are not even going to replace Wijnaldum.
    I know we can't trust Ox and Keita in terms of fitness, but look at the number of players who are either a "proper" midfielder or an option there -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Milner
    Ox
    Keita
    Jones
    Shaqiri
    Elliott(?) - based off his positioning in pre-season.

I'm more and more on the side of things that Thiago was brought in to replace Wijnaldum in advance, aka Thiago IS the Wijnaldum replacement, otherwise, if Ox and Keita were fit with any regularity (aware they're not) we would be asking where Jones would be getting the minutes from in terms of a chance to develop.

To counter that, if I were the Manager/Owner all-in-one I would definitely want a midfielder in, as I would be letting one or two go.

I think Shaqiri will be out if we get a buyer at a price we're happy with but even then, if we don't count him or Elliott, it's still 7 options for 6 positions - it's just the rotten luck of 2 of our players in particular (Ox and Keita) plus what happened last year that makes us nervous about depth - perhaps justifiably so - when in reality we have better midfield options than most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know we can't trust Ox and Keita in terms of fitness, but look at the number of players who are either a "proper" midfielder or an option there -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Milner
    Ox
    Keita
    Jones
    Shaqiri
    Elliott(?) - based off his positioning in pre-season.

I'm more and more on the side of things that Thiago was brought in to replace Wijnaldum in advance, aka Thiago IS the Wijnaldum replacement, otherwise, if Ox and Keita were fit with any regularity (aware they're not) we would be asking where Jones would be getting the minutes from in terms of a chance to develop.

To counter that, if I were the Manager/Owner all-in-one I would definitely want a midfielder in, as I would be letting one or two go.

I think Shaqiri will be out if we get a buyer at a price we're happy with but even then, if we don't count him or Elliott, it's still 7 options for 6 positions - it's just the rotten luck of 2 of our players in particular (Ox and Keita) plus what happened last year that makes us nervous about depth - perhaps justifiably so - when in reality we have better midfield options than most clubs.
    Ok sorry we dont need anyone in. lets move on

Spot on.have faith…and a spatter of optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok sorry we dont need anyone in. lets move on
    I accept your disappointment.
    I am not a forum poster as such but I am a loyal optimistic and realistic supporter.
    I have never done this before but I looked at your past posts. You really need to lighten up and have a bit of faith in Klopp. If you would rather have an oil club with a cheque book mentality then …..should you be here?
    I know I will get vitriol and abuse from you but…….for goodness sake have at least the odd positive thought.
    We have a great squad,unbelievable manager, great togetherness, great stadium, best supporters in the world ( bar one or two ) decent although not extravagant owners. Why the negativity? Would you prefer to be a plastic Psg city Chelsea or manc fan….seems to me you are showing many of their characteristics. GETBEHINDTHETEAM. This is not meant as an insult to you but let’s stand together.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I am not a forum poster as such but I am a loyal optimistic and realistic supporter.
    I have never done this before but I looked at your past posts. You really need to lighten up and have a bit of faith in Klopp. If you would rather have an oil club with a cheque book mentality then …..should you be here?
    I know I will get vitriol and abuse from you but…….for goodness sake have at least the odd positive thought.
    We have a great squad,unbelievable manager, great togetherness, great stadium, best supporters in the world ( bar one or two ) decent although not extravagant owners. Why the negativity? Would you prefer to be a plastic Psg city Chelsea or manc fan….seems to me you are showing many of their characteristics. GETBEHINDTHETEAM. This is not meant as an insult to you but let’s stand together.
    Probably should just shut down the forum in that case. Or definitely not bother with a transfer thread.
    Agree the squad looks strong in most positions. But it needs a midfielder and attacker and one or two moving on to be best primed for a title assault which is what we all want before united get back on the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I have trust in Klopp. i think you need to "lighten up"..I think its realistic to expect transfers.