Thread: Summer transfer thread

#LFC to demand £10 million for Neco Williams, who is keen to secure regular first team football after the Euros. No replacement expected to be signed as Gomez can provide cover and Conor Bradley has caught the eye. Klopp planning to keep Tsimikas on board

Glad we can rely on Gomez to stay fit LOL

Let the money making begin.

Maybe hes not that highly rated. To be fair we haven't got much wrong. We made huge money on Brewster.. and he doesn't look like he will be anywhere near the hype that was surrounding him.
    Anyway perhaps we will play a back 3 next season and allow TAA to be a wing back.I hope not. i don't care much for the 3/5/2 formation
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

So I rather not go into the season with even less depth after last season.

Better than gomez on the right still

That report on Neco came from James Pearce plus he never said we wouldn’t sign a back up but it’s not easy as the guy you sign knows Trent is going to play when fit.

We might go down the route of signing someone like Baku who can play midfield and right back to cover.

Too many people are looking at what Chelsea, United and City are doing when they can clearly outspend most teams in the world.

I have always had the opinion you should try to promote youth as much as possible.

You can’t blame Neco really he is hungry to play and he won’t get that here.

You think they're the only team that will outspend us?

Havn't half the clubs outspent us in the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You think they're the only team that will outspend us?

Havn't half the clubs outspent us in the last few years?
    No that isn’t what I’m saying they have in most cases two players for each position especially at City/Chelsea with little drop off, United don’t have that but like Nineteen said in a Covid season they had decent enough back up to get them second.

It doesn’t matter what you spend I mean you had the great Carlo spending loads on shit that’s why Neverton finished 10th ����

Our wages though are much higher than most other teams so we are spending it that way rather than on players since Coutinho we have not lost a single first team player who is under contract.

We need more depth we defo need a midfielder and forward which I think we will get, we might sign a utility player I mean even someone like him at Arsenal ..Maitland-Nile’s could be useful sub man as he can play a number of positions.

Baku like I said is an interesting player who is apparently very comfortable in DM AM and RB he is only 23 and has played a number of seasons in Germany he is bound to have been watched with his stats.

Don't worry legs, we'll be back to fighting for top4 every season thanks to FSG and that's how you like it

all that counts

maybe we'll win the league in another 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Don't worry legs, we'll be back to fighting for top4 every season thanks to FSG and that's how you like it

all that counts

maybe we'll win the league in another 30 years
    Of course it’s not how I like it the reason I don’t like what City are doing with FFP.

At the end of the day when you have a club who can just bang £200m plus down after Covid then it don’t matter who your manager is or owners you aren’t going to beat them most seasons just take a look at Bayern/PSG they pretty much clean up every season I’m sure other clubs want success but reality is it is hard to beat their financial muscle.

15 years ago Fergie would have had Kane now they can’t compete with City a no mark club has managed to overtake one of the biggest in the world just by having deep pockets.....money talks in life always has and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Maybe hes not that highly rated. To be fair we haven't got much wrong. We made huge money on Brewster.. and he doesn't look like he will be anywhere near the hype that was surrounding him.
    Anyway perhaps we will play a back 3 next season and allow TAA to be a wing back.I hope not. i don't care much for the 3/5/2 formation
    There was a recent interview with Klopp about the set up of the German team at the Euros and he said he's not a fan of a back 3 so I can't see it happening

Chelsea are as bad, this summer they will take their spending to £500m in two seasons.