Page 603 of 659 FirstFirst ... 103503553593596597598599600601602603604605606607608609610613653 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    But thats the beauty of VAR....no matter what happens the decisions will be contentious....

Because its down to how the Officials interpret the rules on the day.

But now the officials have the opportunity to review an incident properly so they can make an informed decision..

Not just a best guess which was the actual problem before VAR
    But they still make massive errors. so nothings really changed.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Little mini fest on the Isle of Wight...."Happy Daze are here again"
    Any old Rude Boys out there? Got my cousin over with Syramip...
    Nice one dude, sounds good fun.

Trent's new deal brings him into the same wage bracket as Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino. Making him one of the highest earners at Liverpool

[@TheAthleticUK]

Any signings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Any signings yet?
    No signs. Don't think we will see anyone come in until/unless Shaqiri gets sold, at a minimum.

The fact we're using Elliott in midfield in pre-season suggests to me that if we do make a (singular) signing, it might be a forward rather than a midfielder.

So if we go into next season with one solitary centre back as our only signing who's confident we are challenging?
    Whilst our neighbours sign two players who will improve them probably quite a lot and the other shower of shit cunts table a 100m opening bid for a midfielder we are having to shift shit for around 12m to bring anyone else in.
    We need to replace Wijnaldum as a minimum, that's before Shaq is out the door. He's s player who should be replaced without a shadow of a doubt. Unless we are relying the likes of Jones to fill that void.
    We keep being linked with midfielders, plenty of Saul rumours today. If we go into next season without any other signings what does that say to is as fans and our rivals? It says FSG are fucking embarrassment that's what, aswell as not being serious about challenging for the majors.
    God help LFC when Klopp goes.
    Last edited by teesred; 30th July 2021 at 09:13 PM.

I know we have signed Konate, then if we sell Philips. And Matip and Gomez are injured again we will only have 2 fit defenders(thats if Ben Davies goes as well).. We are making a massive gamble on the likes of Matip and Keita remaining fit.. Its mental in my opinion. I have my doubts on Thiago. Who else do we have in midfield? Henderson and Fabinho and a 35 year old Milner. To me Jones is more of a number 10 than a centre midfielder.

Agree justme. It does seem a gamble. I said recently that the notion that Keita and Ox are suddenly going to be key players by staying fit is pure naivety. They are not about to buck that trend.
    I think Thiago will be better but Wijnaldum leaves a big hole. Someone good needs to replace what he brought.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So if we go into next season with one solitary centre back as our only signing who's confident we are challenging?
    I'm pretty confident of a good season, though I don't yet know what "good" is, if you will.

18/19 - 97 points
    19/20 - 99 points

I look at the personnel that got us those two seasons and then factor in that we have since added Tsimikas (full-back depth) Jota (high quality attacking depth) Thiago (one of the World's top midfielders) and Konate (a serious centre-back talent) with Jones being further along in his development and think that's not a bad position to be in, considering that the "only" (don't want to belittle his contribution!) major outgoing really is Wijnaldum - no offence to the likes of Lallana etc.

20/21 was a bit of a freak season in my eyes. Normally some things will go wrong in a season, but SO many things went wrong for us in one go and I just can't foresee us facing quite so much adversity.

The fixture congestion, the lack of fans, the Gaffer losing his Mother, the goalie losing his Father, the ridiculous misfortune of the centre-back injuries, the displacement of midfielders to cover this, the reduced service to the forwards via displaced midfielders, the negative effect on the natural game of our full-backs due to the changes down the spine of the side, players getting Covid, VAR robberies, having 2 of 3 of our forwards playing well below par, a 14-game stint of 0.9 PPG undoing the other 24 games played at a level that would have seen us have a 90-point or more season, 6 Home defeats at Anfield on the spin - I just don't see the negatives being AS bad.

As for our rivals, City have a brilliant first team and brilliant options from the bench. The addition of Grealish, to my eyes, doesn't actually alter this very much. You have to be near-perfect to finish higher than them and any transfers they make won't change this fact very much as far as I see it.

Man United have added, sure. We often see a player go to their club and have a few good performances make them seem brilliant, only for them (longer term) to flatter to deceive. Remember Ashley Young getting a screamer in an 8-2 against Arsenal? Didn't mean he revolutionised them. Sancho is an improvement of course, I'd have happily had him here if he would have fitted our wage structure, but Solskjaer is their Manager so I ain't quaking in my boots yet. Varane will improve their defence, provided he settles. I'm curious to see how hyped he is by Sky, only to (perhaps?) not live up to it long-term. I find it a little odd, however financially restricted they are, that Real Madrid have let him go in the same window as Ramos and I wonder if they know something the rest of us don't.

We can only worry about ourselves and I have confidence in the Manager and the players. The footage released from the recent counter-attack training sessions was certainly encouraging - you can see Klopp is getting a chance to drill them.

Liverpool’s interest in Houssem Aouar is becoming clearer. He is very much admired by Jürgen Klopp, who is currently looking at options to replace Wijnaldum. #LFC would be determined to recruit in France & would also track Eduardo Camavinga.

[@OETL]