Thread: Summer transfer thread

The people who do all the silly season clickbait really don't understand the game by en large, loads of Tielemens being a potential and even ideal Gini replacement, he's absolutely nothing like Gini and doesn't have the defensive and physical attributes to ever perform the Gini role, the Gini role needs a player who can do what Gini did AND offer a lot more incision with his passing, that is pertinently not Tielemens

Same the all the talk of a 4231, firstly one of our issues was not further developing the play of and how we used our full backs to make them even more effective, secondly, if you play 4231 as we're seeing with England, you hugely inhibit the full backs ability to contribute as effectively

Our forwards also aren't suited to being in the 3 in a 4231 either and you're then losing the ability to stretch and test teams by not having 2 forwards making runs in behind as frequently

I'm not that confident of Fab in certain situations in a 3 man midfield, he'd be a fucking disaster in a 2 man midfield with one less midfielder to cover the gaps he creates/opens up with is impulse charges to wherever the ball is

Might bugger off for a bit until Edwards actually gets his finger out and does his job, he's rapidly losing his edge, the chap who works in his capacity at Villa handed his arse to him last summer and in getting Buendia in so early this window is showing him up again already this window
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool are preparing to make a move for Lazio's Serbia midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp identifying the 26-year-old as his top target to replace Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum after his move to Paris St-Germain. (Il Messaggero, via Team Talk)

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are poised to battle it out for the signature of Napoli's 25-year-old Spanish midfielder Fabian Ruiz, who has rejected two contract extension offers from the Italian club. (AS - in Spanish)

Or alternatively….

Barca have already "taken steps" to try to sign Italy midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini from Roma, but face competition from Liverpool and Atalanta for the 24-year-old's signature. (Mundo Deportivo, in Spanish)

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    ManUtd agree terms on a deal for Sancho running till 2026
    I saw it on Transfermarket uk yesterday plus i see it is reported in the today's Sun that the deal will be finalized after the Euros

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I saw it on Transfermarket uk yesterday plus i see it is reported in the today's Sun that the deal will be finalized after the Euros
    Man U offer still £11m short according to Sky
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12330113/jadon-sancho-man-utd-and-borussia-dortmund-11m-apart-in-valuation-for-england-forward

I read that too seems like it depends which to believe.....both sources i read had a final price around 91 m incl add ons

Liverpool are in talks with Borussia Monchengladbach to sign Germany midfielder Florian Neuhaus, 24. (Sport1 - in German)

Leicester apparently want 70 to 80 million for Tielemens ..If he is our first choice.. I hope we spend the money on him. rather than second/third choices who may not be quite has good.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think he’s ok but nothing special, think there will be several players we could bring in who could be at least as good if not better for less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Leicester apparently want 70 to 80 million for Tielemens ..If he is our first choice.. I hope we spend the money on him. rather than second/third choices who may not be quite has good.
    They're having a fucking laugh, it's a joke we're interested in him at all if there is any truth to the rumours, we could bring in 2 or 3 players for that money and Tielemens just isn't anything like the level in anything he does to warrant a fee of that size, I'd rather we spent 20m on Soumare if he hasn't signed for Leicester yet to play the controller role and DM when needed as he's a beast of a young player and has better medium to long passing than Gini possessed which is actually better for the controller role, yes he will need some work and development, but he's a great age for that still and 35m on De Paul, 2 far better players than Tielemans, better suited to what we need for 2 thirds of what Leicester are valuing him at
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”