Page 408 of 659 FirstFirst ... 308358398401402403404405406407408409410411412413414415418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Konate, Daka and Bellingham for LCM plus another CM and money in the kitty to get Neto in the January window if he's still playing as he does at his best once fully fit again
    Give us a smoke of that shit man!!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Dortmund lose lots of games.. Maybe he scores the odd game, Its no use when your team gets dominated has the opponents over run your midfield.. we need a really strong midfield. your attacking midfielder needs to get into double figures hopefully.
    And you need a STRIKER that scores more than 15 goals in 2 seasons.
    Yep. Bellingham, Daka and Konate, perfect

People shouldn't under estimate the importance of our having 2 commanding CBs who are excellent in both boxes, 3 with Matip, so we're hopefully able to field 2 in practically every game, our set piece return is down massively because we've played most of the season without a single commanding CB or viable target for our full backs to pick out, or who occupies so much attention from opposition defences that our lads can be briefed at HT where they can pick out one of our other players as we did so many times in winning the league, having 2 commanding Cbs at attacking and defending corners practically every game will be absolutely massive for us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Day dreaming.. just pick out 3 players in midfield and wham it works..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Day dreaming.. just pick out 3 players in midfield and wham it works..
    Belligham's young yes, he has shown he can mix it with the best, he is 6ft 1in, he will grow into a beast of a man, we need a more creative midfielder who plays the kind of passes and displays the football intelligence he has in his locker, we need our English contingent, he would be pretty expensive, but he will only get more expensive, he will have Hendo and Millie to mentor and look after him, Countinho used to occupy our left side on midfield and look how lightweight he is.

We need a player with Bellingham's type of passing, the type of passing that we needed to add to midfield before we bought a player with Thiago's type of passing

Look ay Harvey Elliot this season on loan, the Championship is even more physical than the Prem and he's a young lad, look at Arsenal's best midfielders, still there and on loan in the Prem, they're all more slight than Bellingham and they haven't struggled and Arsenal's young midfielders and attacking midfielders have been their best players this season

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Belligham's young yes, he has shown he can mix it with the best, he is 6ft 1in, he will grow into a beast of a man, we need a more creative midfielder who plays the kind of passes and displays the football intelligence he has in his locker, we need our English contingent, he would be pretty expensive, but he will only get more expensive, he will have Hendo and Millie to mentor and look after him, Countinho used to occupy our left side on midfield and look how lightweight he is.

We need a player with Bellingham's type of passing, the type of passing that we needed to add to midfield before we bought a player with Thiago's type of passing

Look ay Harvey Elliot this season on loan, the Championship is even more physical than the Prem and he's a young lad, look at Arsenal's best midfielders, still there and on loan in the Prem, they're all more slight than Bellingham and they haven't struggled and Arsenal's young midfielders and attacking midfielders have been their best players this season
    Sell Fabinho and jota to raise the funds?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Well Fab can go, we don't need a destroyer for how we've evolved to play

That's my gripe with him, I think he is an absolutely superb destroyer, don't get me wrong, but we don't need a destroyer at No6 with how we play, we need a player who is more positionally astute and a lot better with the ball, like Hendo and need to bring in another No6 with those attributes (Bellinghams for our much better protected LCM slot btw)

The thing with a destroyer is, it is in their blood, I kept hoping Fab would be coached into being more positionally astute as we need him to be in our set up, but I've come to the realisation that won't happen, every single fibre of a destroyer wants to constantly go looking for tackles, leave one on players and steam into situations they really don't need to trying to do that, you can't coach that out of a player.

Because with our full compliment we so frequently leave 3v3 at the back, our 2 CBs and an opposition player hovering around where our No6 plays, for me at least, it's vitally important we have a more cultured positionally astute player at No6, because a destroyer will leave that player hovering in his area to get involved where he doesn't need to be, if they don't make the tackle or try to make it while blocking any pass to the player they have left, the opposition quickly have a 3v2 and I've just seen that happen far too much with Fab at No6

Fabs been linked with a move to Real last week.
    I'll bet you wrote that article. Nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Fabs been linked with a move to Real last week.
    I'll bet you wrote that article. Nasty.
    Fab is an absolutely awesome out and out destroyer, i don't really class him as a DM or No6, they're very different players for me, sitting in front of a back four destroying at Real giving it simple to Modric and Kroos would be perfect for Fab, a perfect use of his considerable talents, i just don't think we need or can accomodate a destroyer as we play and have played at our very highest levels

It's Real too you have to remember, how they're treated in their league and we're treated in ours are VERY different he's likely only pick up a booking for 1 in 10 of his leaving one on players in their league whereas for us, it's just about every one

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Yeh lets sell probably our best player this season. Crazy talk....
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Looks like Konate is 99% a done deal, he's bloody impressive...him with Virg together could be a dream defence.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"